3rd Dilation's a charm, right?

motomama
on 10/23/13 2:31 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Just had my 3rd dilation and ended up staying overnight after vomiting all the way home.  My stomach is so scared up from my lapband that healing is difficult.  

Good news is that the night in the hospital was wonderful, I slept and got hydrated all at the same time.  I am also feeling better than I have in a long time.  So no just asking for prayers that this time my stoma doesn't scar closed again.  Also I am finally getting on a full liquid diet rather than just a clear liquid diet...so again, pray that I can handle this dietary change. 

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

pineview01
on 10/23/13 11:21 am - Davison, MI

You poor thing!  You had your band to RNY revision in one surgery right?  Good luck and hoping for a smooth journey from here on out.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

motomama
on 10/24/13 2:06 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

yes all one surgery.  I think it would have been better to have healed first.  Thank you for your support, I am doing better, I even made dinner (chicken soup) for the family last night.  The first time I have felt up to that since surgery. 

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

pineview01
on 10/24/13 11:38 am - Davison, MI

I am finding that to be true.  Now you just need to take the best care of YOU that you can.  Glad you are now feeling a little better.

The main boards don't know what us band to _ _ _ have to go thru.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Acey
on 10/25/13 1:05 pm - Dallas, TX
I think that might be the first time I've heard a night in the hospital was wonderful. You must have had a very hard time over the past month and 1/2. I'm sorry and hope you continue to feel better! I just got on here after being off for a while and haven't backtracked your story. I'm also a 42 year old mom. I have a 4 year old daughter. I had a RNY in 2001 with Dr. Alexander and about to go in for a revision next Friday with him. Looking at your weight chart I am about where you were when you did your revision. I imagine its hard to keep up with kids when your feeling so run down. I hope you feel better soon and keep posting I'd like to follow how your doing!
motomama
on 10/26/13 4:03 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Thank you, for your sweet words Acey.  Yes, keeping up with the kids has been tough but thankfully my husband has picked up when I can't.  I am no longer just on clear liquids (that's where I'd been for the past 6 weeks).  I am on Full liquids so I get to have some pudding, yogurt, cream soups (strained).  Taking things slowly but was even able to eat some very thick potato soup last night, yes, I know, not the best thing for me to be eating-  I won't make it a habit. 

Keep in touch with your revision too.

motomama
on 10/28/13 2:37 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

3rd dilation failed...waiting for doc to call me about a 4th today.  Was doing wonderfully until Saturday then poof nothing will stay down.

band2sleeverevision
on 10/30/13 5:51 am
VSG on 02/25/13

Ugh, I thought you were on the uphill trail after all this.  Please check in and let us know how you are doing.

motomama
on 10/30/13 6:49 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13
4th dilation on Monday went well. Followed up with doc yesterday and the good news is that everything looks nice and healed but that doesn't mean that I won't have to be stretched again. It does mean that no new scar tissue should form and the existing should start relaxing. Thank you foe checking in on me. I was really dreading my follow up because the doctor mentioned that if he didn't like what he saw them he would need to "open" me up and redo stoma so basically starting over with recovery. I'm now on full liquids and soups and doing well.

band2sleeverevision
on 10/31/13 5:17 am
VSG on 02/25/13

Great news!  Fingers and toes crossed for you and thinking positive thoughts. Full liquids is a good sign.

Most Active