RNY revision with Dr. Alexander Nov 1st. Advice for before and after surgery?

nathsmommy
on 10/28/13 12:59 am - Baltimore, MD

hi i had gastric rny in 2009.i lost alot of weight.but i am haveing stomach troubles,please tell me what some of your problems were? i go see new surgeon today. thanks

Acey
on 11/7/13 10:36 am - Dallas, TX
Just tell them the problems you are having everyone is different. I had a lot of fatigue and sick to my stomach
MSSEXXC74
on 11/8/13 3:20 am

I had surgery, revision from distal rny to DS ON 10/30. I Felt good about the surgery until I woke up. When dr got in, my insides was so filled with adhesions it took 2 hrs to cut everything apart before even being able start any part of the surgery. I need high doses of pain meds due to the strong pain meds I have taken daily for 7 years. It was a day b4 the pharamcy figured out the dilaudid pump was the equivalent of a baby asprin in my system. Then things went from bad to WORSE. Started bleeding stools of blood. BP DROPPED to 70/32 had to have emergency blood transfusion of 2 of blood. Next day another transfusion. Next day I had an asthma attack after 5 or 6years! Wtf finally day 5 they kicked me out! I regretted having the surgery.  I wished I could blink back to b4 being touched. Me and my adult children watched my mother suffer and die the month before. I felt so guilty that i jepodized hurting my children so soon after my mother passing. I was so sure i was going to die by day 2 i stopped them from coming to the hospital. I didnt want them to watch me suffer and die also. But here I am day 9 I feel like I may make it! 

Glad yours was not too compicated.

Karen M.
on 11/8/13 1:52 pm

Hi MSSEXXC74

I'm glad you are getting better day by day  can you share what Dr. performed your revision surgery? 

MSSEXXC74
on 11/8/13 2:07 pm

Dr. ARA KESHISIAN CA

Most Active