UGI results - anyone want to translate?

hansmom10
on 10/17/13 10:27 am

Hi all,

I'm in the stages of requesting insurance approval for RNY to DS revision surgery.  Anyone want to translate the radiologist's UGI findings?  I haven't heard what my DS surgeon thinks yet.  Here you go:

The thora****sophagus is widely patent.  The primary wave is effective.  The GE junction is widely patent.

There is a small gastric remnant which appears to connect to the small bowel in what may be a RNY type manner but correlation with operative records is needed.  Gastric remnant is unremarkable.  There was a very rapid transit of contrast medium from the esophagus, through the stomach, and into the small bowel loops.  Small bowel proximal small bowel loops are mildly patulous but with unremarkable fold pattern.     Impression: status post some form of gastric banding type procedure.  The gastric remnant is unremarkable.  There is very rapid transit of the contrast from the esophagus through the stomach and into anastomosing small bowel loops.

hansmom10
on 10/17/13 10:30 am

Oops, btw, that's an old signature on there.  I wish I were still 146.  :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/13 1:27 pm

Your stoma is dilated and food is sliding through way too fast.

sknd34
on 11/3/13 10:50 am - West Fargo, ND

Wait for you doctor to read it, but i don't agree with the previous writer. Since they gave you contrast medium which is liquid, it is supposed to pass through your stoma quickly.

Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
cindyj578
on 11/18/13 7:08 am - Saint Cloud, FL
VSG on 03/08/07 with

I was wondering what your diagnosis was.  I just had the  upper GI with small bowel series and my liquid moved very very slowly.  I haven't seem my dr yet and was just curious.  I had the sleeve and am considering revising to the RNY.  Would love your thoughts.  Thanks, Cindy 

Most Active