Anyone have DS revision?????

BIGLOSER1NJ
on 10/16/13 2:39 am

Im just wanting to know what to expect after my revision. Will I gain the weight back??? 

Member Services
on 10/16/13 3:45 am - Irvine, CA

Good luck to you! If you have not done so, please post this on the DS Forum  

Cassandra77
on 10/16/13 8:02 am - Sacramento, CA

What are you revising from?   In Oct 2009 I revised from RNY to DS....and I have not dealt with any weight regain.  I've lost 130lbs since my revision...

Charmaine C.
on 11/4/13 1:28 am - Columbus, OH

HI Cassandra77

How long did it take with proper eating and excerise did it take to lose the 130ibs? If you dont me asking.

Im not sure what i want to do as far as the DS or Lap band. I would like to lose 80Ibs to 100Ibs.

People really scaring me about the DS.

ally0676
on 11/5/13 12:11 am

I am also in the process of having the revision, I go tmw for my Upper GI so the surgeon can tell me what my options are at this point I have 8yrs out of RNY gastric bypass. I was told that I wouldnt be happy with the band and I should probably research more about the DS but someone on the WLS on FB I dont know I am going to trust my Surgeons advise I think on this one I to have about 100-120 to lose.

ally0676
on 11/5/13 12:14 am

oops I am 8 yrs out! sorry for the typos I should have read it lol

BIGLOSER1NJ
on 10/16/13 8:31 am

I had my DS revised due to mal nourishment issues my cc was lengthened to 100 cc's from 50cc's. 

MsBatt
on 10/19/13 9:06 am

You're probably not going to find anyone here with your particular revision, as it's quite rare. Perhaps you should post this on the DS board.

S Andrews
on 10/16/13 3:12 pm - eatonville, WA

I revised from an RNY last March to a DS and I have not had any trouble- I love the new configurement over the RNY.

I am 63 so I am no spring chicken but I have lost 73lbs- I am an average loser but I don't plan on gaining my weight back. I don't struggle to lose. Right now I am at a  stand still but I believe my body is just regrouping before I start losing again. I had a failed RNY for 7 years as I had a fistula. I only wish I had done this surgery the first time around but am grateful for a second chance. I can do so much more now than I could with my previous surgery. Good luck to you . You will do great!

nicholivolkoff
on 10/17/13 8:12 am - Canada

I revised from vsg to a DS and have not lost one pound at all, it has been 6 months. Not one pound. Make sure your sleeve is tight!! Mine is stretched out, but we decided to leave it be, that was a mistake. The DS is nothing without a tight vsg.

Most Active