Rny to Sleeve

Misty1980
on 10/15/13 7:50 am - edwards, CA

So my surgery is in Orange CA on the 25th. I'm set for a reverse but my Dr Owens said he could do the reverse than give me a sleeve. Anyone went from RNY to Sleeve I'm nervous and not finding to much help I have to make a decision by next Thursday if I just want the reverse or reverse than sleeve. WOW Im really nervous. I well be 8 hours from home so want to make right decision. I just want the dumping and reactive hypo and weight loss to stop. IM almost 7 yrs out from RNY.
Thanks Guys

MsBatt
on 10/15/13 2:03 pm

Well, getting the Sleeve would certainly help you to maintain your weight loss.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/16/13 2:51 am

I know I would consider a sleeve. Most of the time, after reverse people put the weight back on.  I hope you feel better. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Misty1980
on 10/16/13 3:07 am - edwards, CA

Thanks guys IM just scared of more risk of leaks with all that surgery at once. Its a lot to think about.

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/16/13 3:31 am

HUGS.. Please make sure the doc you are going to use have done that before.  And more than once... 

BTW: I have severe RH and live primary on proteins (meat, cheese, fish, eggs) and non starchy veggies. I tolerate protein shakes, (low sugar) but I have to make sure I add some form of fat to them.  

I am a dumper - but that only happens now if I get too many sugars or fat.. But RH or just hypoglycemia - can happen almost anytime. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active