Any Rny revisions to band/sleeve/ds in Boston

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/13 8:56 pm
Hello, wondering if there is anyone who had a
Failed Rny and revised to something else in the Boston area. If so, what procedure, surgeon, and
Was it successfull?

I had Rny in 2005, lost 100 pounds, gained significant amount back. Wanted to know what my options are.

Ds does not seem probable due to no surgeons in Massachusetts.

Thank you.
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/13 1:36 pm

I'd venture a guess that 95% of people getting RNY to DS have to travel for surgery.  Some even travel out of the country.  There just aren't that many surgeons that can do it.  I sure wouldn't choose a surgery type based on convenience.  ;o)

But first you have to determine why you regained.  Have you had an upper GI?  Is your stoma dilated?  Or is it poor food choices?  If you went back to eating white carbs sadly... DS isn't going to fix that.  :o(

airbender
on 10/19/13 11:40 pm
On October 17, 2013 at 3:56 AM Pacific Time, redhead43 wrote:
Hello, wondering if there is anyone who had a
Failed Rny and revised to something else in the Boston area. If so, what procedure, surgeon, and
Was it successfull?

I had Rny in 2005, lost 100 pounds, gained significant amount back. Wanted to know what my options are.

Ds does not seem probable due to no surgeons in Massachusetts.

Thank you.

try to pick the surgery you think is best for you.  why did your rny fail?  that can help you pick the surgery that can help you succeed. in the case of rny to ds there are few that can do that surgery, NY is not that far and Dr Roslin is there, he is superb.  I was a revision to a ds, I live far from a revision surgeon also.   I flew to NY stayed the night before in a hotel, taxi to lennox hill, stayed 4 days...I did this alone...would do it again tomorrow.  ds offers me the best quality of life.  keep researching and asking questions....good luck in your journey

ItalianHeat
on 10/22/13 3:45 am

Hello, I also had RNY back in 09' ... l have since gained back 60+lbs.  I too am looking to have a revision done with sleeve. My surgeon who did my RNY had his license pulled from him so I'm looking into MGH and praying they will help me. ??

Stay in touch with me, maybe we can help out one another. :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/13 7:56 am
Most Active