Lapband to Sleeve to RNY :-(

deannag70
on 12/25/13 1:39 pm - Grapevine, TX
Revision on 10/21/13

I'm getting better.  The surgery was much harder that the previous 2 (spent 5 hours in the OR) and the recovery was harder as well. I took 6 weeks off of work and 2 months after surgery, am just onw starting to feel more normal.   I never wanted RNY but it is better than the alternative.  I was sick so much of the time by the end and at least I am not now.  The risks of the surgery are much higher than original surgery so please make sure that you have a very experienced surgeon and someone who has done this 2nd revision before.  We are in the minority and I really hated it; I loved my sleeve. I was actually pretty scared about the surgery as well. 

Here was my sleeved tummy before the revision to RNY:

deannag70
on 12/25/13 1:42 pm - Grapevine, TX
Revision on 10/21/13

Sorry - it seems to have cut off part of my message.  Message me on here and I will give you my email.  I know I had so much trouble finding anyone that was in my situation when I was going through it.  I really would've appreciated someone who understood to talk to about it all.

pineview01
on 12/26/13 1:17 am - Davison, MI

Would you mind sharing if you had the band to sleeve revision in one or two surgeries dishawn?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

deannag70
on 12/26/13 2:10 am - Grapevine, TX
Revision on 10/21/13

Band to sleeve in 1 surgery seems like such a good idea when you are having the surgery done.  I often wonder if mine would've been different had it been in 2.  Although, he would've had a tough time convincing me that I needed to have it in 2.  Everyone that I know personally that had only the sleeve have all had much better experiences although I was content with my weight loss.  My lungs have not yet healed from the GERD aspiration.  HATE the band.... hate, hate, hate.

dishawn
on 12/26/13 4:55 am - CA

Hi,

When I click on your name to send you a personal message, the system does not allow me to.  Can you send me a private message?  I REALLY  would like to email you.  I definitely believe, we are in the minority AND would like to have someone to talk with.  I go to the surgeon tomorrow.....I don't know what to expect :-).............. Thank you.....

dishawn
on 12/26/13 4:31 am - CA

I had the band to sleeve in one surgery.  The liquid was taken out of my band for 3 months, while I completed the 12 week class at Kaiser.  I have had regret of the decision every since.  I lost weight during the first 6 months and have been sick every since.  However,  the physician assistant I saw just kept giving me various medications.  I finally yelled and ask for test to be performed....and immediately after the tests, I will see a surgeon tomorrow to discuss "OTHER" options.  

pineview01
on 12/27/13 12:45 pm - Davison, MI

I only ask because so far those that have had problem here had the surgery in one step.  I guess the ASMBS is right to recommend removing the band and waiting to do revisions.

Good luck you two.  Hope all goes well for you guys.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active