Anyone have a Takedown?

Misty1980
on 10/9/13 8:14 am - edwards, CA

Im going to have a RNY takedown. Im almost 7 years out and been very sick had all the tests done and live on meat and lettuce.I dump on even that now and my weight keeps dropping every week. I refused the lapband over my bypass so this is it. I also talk to both DS drs out here and with my weight be low not a good option and its not covered by my insurance. So My Dr has been doing surgery for 40 years and this is the only other option. So I'm looking for anyone that has had it as I have some questions?

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/9/13 8:51 am

HUGS

I hope you cna have your life back.  BTW: have you consider just a sleeve?   

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Misty1980
on 10/9/13 10:59 am - edwards, CA
Yes we did but it's not a guarantee to fix all my symptoms like the take down and it's actually more riskier for leaks even more so than take down I guess. Thanks for the positive comments I'm pretty nervous but just want to feel better again.
MsBatt
on 10/9/13 11:59 am

So---are they going to put your stomach back together? If so, I really don't think a Sleeve would be much riskier. Have you talked to Dr. Ara Keshishian, in Glendale?

Misty1980
on 10/13/13 11:00 am - edwards, CA

Yes I talked to his office staff he is not covered by my insurance and DS is not covered either I have tricare prime. They also said my weight was a issue with it being low and he would do it if I had $28,500 which I could never afford. My original Dr well put it back together I'm not sure why he dosen't want to do a sleeve. It was either try lap band over rny which I did not want a band aid I want a more permanent fix. So I fought for the reverse and he agreed after hearing me out those were the only 2 options I was given. I have also seen the Bariatric on base which wont do any of the surgeries on me because they don't have any experience in it. I have called so many surgeons and hard to get any help with this.

Most Active