New to OH

nappydiva
on 10/7/13 9:22 am

I am excited to be able to find folk who have been where I am now.  I had gastric bypass in 2002.  I gained back 90lbs.  I feel really bad about it most days.  I am having revision surgery and have opted to have the Duodenal switch.  I am a little nervous but excited at the same time.  I feel like I have been given a second chance.  Everyone that  I tell about having the revision surgery can't believe that I am doing it and some are less then supportive..."You're just gonna gain it back again".  I have 4 months to prepare myself for the surgery.  I would like to know if anyone has had this surgery after having a gastric bypass.  I would also like to know what the recovery was like.  I appreciate your time.

-Nancy

clpeltz
on 10/7/13 10:36 am

Hello Nancy!  You are definitely not alone.  I had RNY in 2008 and then a revision to DS in 2011.  It was the best thing I ever did!  I love my DS and am currently in the process of going through the process of getting plastics.  I am so excited!

I had my RNY lap and my revision to DS open.  Personally, the recovery was easier the second time around.  You are going to be tired.  Your body is going to go through major surgery and you are going to have to baby yourself so your body can heal.  Have you gotten all the info you need on supplements?  That is very important!  Make sure that you visit the ds forum here and ask questions.  There is also a OH DS family group on facebook that you could join.  It is a great group to ask questions.  

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

MsBatt
on 10/7/13 1:16 pm

Welcome to the Dark Side! (*grin*)

I'm not a revision patient, but I do have a DS. You're gonna love it. Guilt-free fat.

pineview01
on 10/8/13 12:37 pm - Davison, MI

If you read back thru this board you will see several RNY to DS'ers.  The numbers seem to be growing.  

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active