VGB Revision

DeeDeeLynne60
on 10/10/13 11:44 am - Massillon, OH
Ok thanks! Did you use Lindstrom? Just wondering!
pineview01
on 10/10/13 12:56 pm - Davison, MI

I did it all on my own!  But, it was hard and I am retired so had more time than money to fight it.  I spent many hours frustrated, with hives and even tears.  Many have used Lindstrom that have reported winning.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

DeeDeeLynne60
on 10/11/13 4:15 am - Massillon, OH
Wow good for you!! So what has been the hardest part after having your band removed?? I'm really nervous since I've had my band for over 27 years!
pineview01
on 10/11/13 9:36 am - Davison, MI

Nothing was hard.  But, I was so hungry!  I had totally forgotten how hungry I always was.  With the band I was always hungry but was also in pain. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

DeeDeeLynne60
on 10/9/13 12:22 pm - Massillon, OH
Thanks! Right now my insurance is saying NO WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY is covered but I wondered if it might be covered since I have been having so many problems due to my band (narrowing, vomiting, pain, swelling, and several EGDs just to open up my passage thru the band)! Can I ask how I find out about an advocate ifI am turned down? A dr at the Cleveland Clinic is checking to see if it will be covered due to the issues I am currently having! Thanks for everyone's replies!
MsBatt
on 10/10/13 1:57 am

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if your policy has an exclusion its going to be VERY hard to get them to pay. I'd suggest contacting a lawyer. Walter Lindstrom specializes in bariatric issues---you can Google him.

DeeDeeLynne60
on 10/10/13 11:41 am - Massillon, OH
Ok thank you! Is there an upfront fee for getting him to look into my case? Or just a fee if he decides I have a case??
Most Active