Someone blocked me today...

MsBatt
on 10/2/13 10:31 am

..and I have no idea why.

The lady in question was seeking advice about a revision. I didn't think I said anything offensive in my reply. Apparently she thought differently. I would appreciate it someone she hasn't blocked would pass this on to her.

The title of the thread was something like "I'm new to this section..."

Whit
on 10/2/13 12:32 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Oh you mean mean lady... no seriously I just read your post and I do not find anything at all offensive. Maybe the OP is extremely sensitive or just not used to straight talk. Her loss as I find your advise and opinions very constructive and on the mark.

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Ladytazz
on 10/2/13 2:24 pm

This person, I think it's a guy, has gone and blocked everyone who says anything they don't want to hear.  I was blocked, too, for suggesting they look into a DS.  They are 600 lbs and some bozo recommended a lap band, or maybe they insisted on one.  Obviously the judgment is skewed and they are making decisions based on finding people who will co sign their lack of logic.  Don't feel bad.  The only thing you did wrong was not telling them how smart and wonderful they are and how good they will do.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

pineview01
on 10/2/13 3:03 pm - Davison, MI

I went and read the thread.  I didn't see any mean going on, just good info.  I was sure it was a guy also but, must be very sensitive.  You see that sometimes, newbies that think everyone is mean that doesn't bow down or fawn.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

airbender
on 10/2/13 3:51 pm

MsBatt

you have a lot of information, love your posts, great information, not sure of the post you are talking about, nor would I care....and neither should you....we have a unique prospective....LB damage requiring revision patients, after DS revision from LB my esophagus still doesnt function properly (they told me it was permanent but I guess it would change...)....if the OP is not interested in hearing so be it, sometimes you have to hit your bottom and come to your end of yourself......I appreciate all your information, and KEEP doing what you do....don't let one person change that for you....

MsBatt
on 10/2/13 11:49 pm

Oh, don't worry---one person getting their panties in a wad won't stop me trying to help others. And let's face it, I can be a LOT more blunt than I was. I just feel badly that he's so sensitive, and hope someone he hasn't blocked will help his see what a mistake he's making.

airbender
on 10/3/13 5:40 am

I was blocked too, had no idea, nor do I care, this is not your issue but the OP, that is just funny, don't feel bad, and yes the OP has blocked someone that will help, (check out what i posted below)  but that is a choice the OP made, some like to take the more difficult path, me I would rather learn from others mistakes.......

this was my post:
on 9/29/13 9:58 am

Topic: RE: new to this section of OH... the RNY board isnt very friendly.
ummm what kind of surgeon expects someone to lose 50 lbs in 30 days with a LB? you need a new surgeon...welcome aboard...

cajungirl
on 10/3/13 1:08 pm
I figured you got blocked too. After I posted about the necessity of having to lose 50 lbs in a month I noticed you posted something similar.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/2/13 6:33 pm
I was blocked also..... O well..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cajungirl
on 10/3/13 1:05 pm
You and about 29 of us. I don't see why my post was offensive just straight talk and suggestions from sone long-term WLS peeps.

I think it was a guy also, his loss because he really is losing some good knowledge from all of us.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active