My First Appointment for Revision

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/13 12:27 pm

Hello all. I am very excited, yet nervous. I have my first appointment next Wednesday with Dr.Elariny for my revision. I am excited because I really want to have this revision, yet I am nervous because I am afraid of being rejected. Can anyone tell me if comorbidities are the determining factor for revision or if it is also based on my BMI? What types of questions can I expect?

airbender
on 10/2/13 4:09 pm

there is no one determining factor, but a list of things, post specifics for more help, and it depends on your insurance coverage, if you are self pay...no worries....

ohbearly
on 10/3/13 3:06 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

I suspect this answer differs by individual and insurer. For me, I did not have to meet the criteria that I had to with my initial Lapband surgery. I was under the minimum BMI for WLS approval for my policy but did have several of the commodities. It was submitted as a surgery to correct an existing medical problem due to the malfunctioning of my Lapband. I know my surgeon's office submitted the long list of upper GIs and EGDs, as well as, fills and unfills over 9 months to support the claim. I did notice my approval was for two procedures: removal of the Lapband and then RNY surgery. It was actually a speedy approval. There was a slight glitch of a miscoding of diagnosis and procedure that was overcome in a few days.  -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

pineview01
on 10/3/13 1:10 pm - Davison, MI

As stated it is different  for each surgery centers and insurance.  So I, with about the same history and proof of need and correction for an existing medical problem, I had to go thru the whole process again Plus have to do more than the first time around.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Debbi1025
on 10/14/13 1:47 pm

How did your appointment go?

Most Active