VSG to Bypass

jmcknight12
on 10/1/13 12:38 am

Hello, I am 2 yrs out from my VSG and am considering the bypass.  I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.  Is there anyone on here that is comparable that can give me some info?  What was your experience?  Thanks

clpeltz
on 10/1/13 2:21 am

With type 2 and high blood pressure, you need to consider the DS.  You already have the first part.  IMO the only logical revision to a VSG is to revise to DS.  Check out dsfacts.com to get factual information regarding the DS.  Also, visit the DS forum here with any questions you have.  You deserve the best and the DS is the best.  It has the VERY BEST stats for long term weight loss maintenence and the VERY BEST stats for curing diabetes.  RNY can and does help with type 2, but it is often temporary and individuals see a recurrence after 5 years.  Be careful, if you decide to go the RNY route, there is no other options for the future.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

jmcknight12
on 10/1/13 2:33 am

Hey, thanks for the info.  I will do my research.  The issue here is I don't know any dr's in SC that does the DS.  I had looked at that procedure as well.  I will check the website.

MsBatt
on 10/1/13 3:13 am

It's worth traveling for. Many, many people have gone half-way around the world in order to get the DS, and they all say it was worth it. I myself traveled AND paid out of pocket in order to get the DS. I could have had an RNY at almost no cost to myself. I felt that getting the best was worth every penny. Ten years later, I'm SO glad I did!

Most Active