Band out 4 days ago & getting sleeved in 4-6 weeks

LIsa G.
on 10/5/13 2:08 pm - Leitchfield, KY

Im not sure if I had an erosion but my band had slipped half way down my stomach.. I have. dr apt wed so i will find out what wS wrong...then depending how it looked in there is when he will set up sleeve.. but he said 4-6 weeks...they did my husbands all at same time & his band was grown into his liver...it was like a 9 hr surgery...it was aweful but 1 yr later he went from around 389 to around 200... hope it works as well for me... my port hole hurts bad....its been 9 days...just ready to get well....:))

pineview01
on 10/6/13 3:52 am - Davison, MI

The incision where the port was is usually the one they would bring the band out of and use the tools.  This area is usually lots more sore than the rest.  Please let us know what you find out from the surgeon.

I too wish you do as well as you husband.  He has done an awesome job!

I too had some adhesions to the liver and intestines.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

DefyingGravity
on 10/6/13 6:10 am
The sorest part of my tummy is where the port was. Though honestly my port site has never been comfortable. If I bumped against something I would have shooting pains. I won't miss that, I can assure you! But right now.... 6 days out from having the band removed that's where all my pain is.
I'm taking Tylenol and at night I'm taking a muscle relaxer because my stomach has been cramping.
LIsa G.
on 10/6/13 9:00 am - Leitchfield, KY

I am too having stomach cramps, thought that was weird..I had ablasion a few years ago & dont have periods or symptoms, so it must be related to the surgery...my big incision hurts still, I cant even fit in my cloths im still so swollen after 10 days...im ready to get these staples out also...

pineview01
on 10/8/13 12:10 pm - Davison, MI

Defy and Lisa!  That is were all my pain was and after a month the pain was gone and I am so not missing the pain that port caused.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active