soo much pain

LIsa G.
on 9/29/13 2:21 am - Leitchfield, KY

I had lapband in 2007, never had any luck with it maybe 20 pounds.  The band had slipped halfway down my stomach.  I had it removed 3 days ago. Im in so much pain.  I have had 5 babies, gallbladder out, lapband in and none this painful..  I am getting gastric sleeve in 6 weeks...i was wondering if anybody else had this done in a 2 step procedure ?

Hislady
on 9/29/13 5:41 am - Vancouver, WA

It is very common to do it in 2 stages altho some docs do it in one if there isn't too much scar tissue to remove. It really just depends on the surgeons preference. If you are in that much pain you need to contact your surgeon, there should be an on call doc for the weekend. Either you need better pain meds or you need to be seen again or go to the ER for evaluation because after 3 days you shouldn't be in so much pain, Good luck to you, lots of folks revise to the sleeve and are very happy with it.

Lisa O.
on 9/29/13 7:11 am - Snoqualmie, WA
I agree with Hislady. I had mine removed in May and it was a breeze. Mine hadn't slipped but still...
Have you been using the meds they sent you home with?
I would call your surgeon.
Take care!
Lisa O.
LIsa G.
on 9/29/13 11:58 am - Leitchfield, KY

I have a really bad itchy rash across my stomach, I hope its not infection..im calling dr tomorrow..

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/13 12:13 pm

i would def call your doc...that doesn't sound right.

pineview01
on 10/1/13 1:13 pm - Davison, MI

I had it done in two steps.  If your band was slipped half way down.  The means half your stomach work half of it up and thru the band.  I would have to believe that would have caused you severe pain.  Did they tell you how much damage was caused and if there was a lot of scare tissue removed.  My band removal hurt much worse than my sleeve which was surprising to me.  Also how was your port?  Mine had tipped and a scare pseudo capsule had formed over it and attached it to my innards.  I had my sleeve done 4.5 months later and it was easier for me than the band and band removal.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

LIsa G.
on 10/1/13 10:19 pm - Leitchfield, KY

I didnt see surgeon afterwards , he just told my husband everything went good , but I was in surgery for 1 hour and recovery for 2 hours, it will b a week tomorrow and when i stand it still hurts.  I cant do anything.  I go back to see dr next week so he will tell me what all he had to do im sure.  Im just trying sleep it off for now.  Thankful i have help with these 5 kids:)---praying sleeve goes much. smoother

pineview01
on 10/2/13 3:24 pm - Davison, MI

My sleeve was much easier for me than the band.  They had to dig the port out and some other scare tissue removal.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

LIsa G.
on 10/2/13 10:52 pm - Leitchfield, KY

I had mine since 2007 & it was slipped so I bet thats what happened to me also....hopefully sleeve is much easier.

Hislady
on 10/2/13 10:10 am - Vancouver, WA

Hon please don't suffer till next week! You can call your surgeon and tell him you are having pain and problems, maybe he can get you in sooner. You don't have to be miserable, really!

Most Active