Band over bypass

babygurl719
on 9/27/13 6:23 am

I've read a lot of negatives about the Lap band and I'm wondering if the success rate for weight loss is better with a BOB..Band over Bypass or straight out lap band.

I understand weight loss is different for everyone ad their will be good and bad all the time but it seems all I hear is negative about the band.

too late for me I had the band over the bypass in hopes of slowing down a runaway train.  I am just 4 days out and still on liquids so I of course have no issues.....Yet...It disheartens me that so many people are having a problem with the band because I don't feel my surgeon.,Well known and respected would have guide me into something that wont assist me in my WL.

I must say I'm getting nervous reading all of the post about lap band and truly am wondering if there is much difference between the lap band and the band over bypass

Nervous and wondering if I did the right thing..

heathercross
on 9/28/13 9:58 am - New York, NY

I've had a BOB - more than 2 yrs go.  Check out profile, read posts and feel free to message me with questions,.  I love my BOB. Oh, and most of my friends on OH, also are BOBs.

babygurl719
on 9/28/13 9:04 pm

any problems with your BOB?  could you give me some pointers one BOB to another.  Have you been able to start losing weight again?  I understand its a lot slower and I am ok with that.  I truly believe for me 8 years out of the gastric bypass it was the next step for continued success but I read some of the experiences have been pretty negative on the band. I gained some weight back since the gastric bypass about 45 lbs total and and had originally lost 120 i don't want to fail and am trying to correct this and continue to get rid of about another 50 total.  it took me this long because ive been working at trying to keep it off and contrary to what some may think i haven't been laying around eating bonbons WLS is unfourtunatetly a long road.  I appreciate any advice.

Thanks Heather!

heathercross
on 9/28/13 10:28 pm - New York, NY

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions, but, please first take a glance at my profile. I've addressed a lot of this there.  In short, yes I lost all I regained (75-80lbs), yes its very slow, yes the band has issues but I thank god haven't experienced them yet etc.  

Bonnie M
on 10/5/13 8:46 pm - Sioux Falls, SD

I had BOB over a year ago with Dr Joya in Puerta Vallarta.  I (slowly) have lost 45 lbs and am where I want to be.  The Dr, hospital and his staff are wonderful. 

babygurl719
on 10/6/13 6:18 pm

thanks for you reply.  It helps!

Most Active