Having revision from lap band to RNY!!

lovely27
on 9/28/13 8:27 am - south hill, VA
I wanted the sleeve but my doctor say its better for me to get rny,kinda scared but tired of the band.
Lisa O.
on 9/29/13 12:59 am - Snoqualmie, WA
I hear ya! I had my band removed in May and am getting RNY on Oct. 14. It's scary but I know I should have done it in the beginning. I chickened out and paid the price. Actually, I don't really have a lot of regrets. The band was great for me while it lasted and I learned a lot about myself.

Best,
Lisa O.
lafalot
on 9/29/13 3:00 am - Chesterfield, VA
RNY on 10/16/13

Lisa, good luck to you. I had my Band put in Nov 2008 and had to have it loosened in 2010 (too much reflux). Now having the Bypass on Oct. 16th. Yup, anxious, but so ready.  

lovely27
on 9/29/13 5:48 am - south hill, VA

Let me no how things go good luck!!!

Autumn K.
on 10/1/13 1:34 pm
I had my band removed in April (erosion/ulcer). I've gained some weight back (I only lost 40). RNY scheduled for Oct 14! Nervous, but excited!!
Kris330
on 9/29/13 5:39 am
I had my lapband for 3 years. On June 18, 13 I got so sick. I could not eat for 3 weeks, could only get down sips of water. I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days. 2 days later I went back. On June 25 I was rushed into surgery to havd an emergency revision to the RNY.

What had happened was the lower part of my stomach wad filled with scar tissue from the lap band. I am beyond happy to have the band out.

It is scary but it is worth it. I sm here if you have questions.
Kris330
on 9/29/13 5:40 am
Sorry for the typos. I'm typing from my phone and still have chubby fingers lol.
lovely27
on 9/29/13 5:50 am - south hill, VA

Did you have any problems after the revision ?How is life now with rny? 

Kris330
on 9/29/13 7:37 am
The only issue I had was my potassium dropped but that was an easy fix. I was actially I the ER today for dehydration. I hate water but try to get in my 64 oz a day. Guess I didn't lol. Other than that I am so happy with the surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/13 12:15 pm

im planning on a revision to RNY as well. my band has slipped...had it for 5 years now...i dont have a date yet- but my insurance has approved it. :) good luck!

Most Active