WOW speed of light approval REVISION IS SET FOR THIS COMING MONDAY!

Pixielf~*
on 9/24/13 5:30 am - in the forest........., MO
Revision on 09/30/13

I posted awhile back about having issues with my previous LAP RNY that was done several years ago.  Never had 'that' total feeling of restriction that everyone talked of, even the day after surgery.  Long story short, had other medical issues that necessitated an upper endoscopy and my feelings that my initial surgery wasn't right 'were right'.  

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....   submitted to insurance, filled out all the paperwork and it was sent to them on September 15th.  Got the approval letter yesterday and my surgeon's office called today and I am set for THIS COMING MONDAY.  OMG I cannot believe that it is going to be that fast but elated at the same time!  

Only bad thing is that my insurance will only cover open revision but I have a previous incision from an open abdominal surgery that Dr. Hoehn is going to use.  I am so excited.  Someone pinch me !

enlightened

Anything WORTH having is WORTH working for !

Member Services
on 9/24/13 6:59 am - Irvine, CA

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

WHITNEYW10276
on 9/24/13 9:21 am
Wow, that's great news!!! I am in the process of trying to get a RNY revision. I had my RNY in Feb of 2003 and imagine my surprise when I found out I was pregnant just short of a year later. I did really well after the surgery but needless to say, I gained weight during my pregnancy and nursing phase.

You have given me hope that possibly my insurance will cover the procedure. Thank you for posting and I wish you all the best!!
pineview01
on 9/24/13 1:23 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

tdbull
on 9/24/13 2:34 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congratulations. Wishing you all the best.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

dawn4511
on 9/24/13 5:10 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
What kind of revision are you having done? I've had issues with my RNY and gaining back weight, I;m trying to get the ds now because it has the best long term results. Good luck with your surgery and recovery.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

lmbfmm
on 9/25/13 12:02 am

Congratulations and good luck.

Pixielf~*
on 9/25/13 2:14 am - in the forest........., MO
Revision on 09/30/13

Thank you for all the well wishes...  I am going to have a 'redo' of the previous RNY that was done.  In my case the pouch was never made small enough and the reanastamosis was not tight enough.  I knew right from the git go' that something was amiss because I never had 'that' tight tight restrictive feeling.  I remember sipping sip sip sipping the barium for the leak test the morning after and it going right down... and then the ability to just drink it down (normal drinking)...   I found it easy to dump even on protein drinks...  and would always get that fluuby (what I call it) shaky feeling (dumping) no matter what I seemed to eat.  I still deal with that to this day......

Had an upper endoscopy done a few months ago and it found that my pouch was easily 2-3 times the size that it should of been and that there was NO restriction at the connection to my lower gut to my new pouch .  AS IN NONE - swoo**** emptied straight away , even the thick viscous contrast gunk.... shot straight down so it confirmed my fears.  Dr. Hoehn said my initial success was most likely due to the malabsorption features of rearranging my anatomy and that he thinks I will continue on and have greater long term success.  

He has seen several patients of some drs. (won't name names at all) that he has had to do revisions on due to the same issues....he has told me that there was even one dr. that he knew of had a support group for their failed surgical patients!  That is kinda sad knowing how hard it is to get this surgery covered by insurance and the fact that some have to pay privately for it.  He said in a lot of cases that the surgeon is so afraid of creating a stricture that they will opt for making things 'too big' and it ends up biting the patient in the hiney (my case).  Not that they aren't good surgeons they just err on the side of going too big instead of feeling comfortable with their own abilities and making things tight and small enough.  If that makes sense.

So I will be having the redo RNY but it has to be open (BOO HISS) but I will deal.  I am just elated that I am having it and that it is happening THIS FAST!  The first go around I had to jump through so many hoops, pay an arm and a leg just to get on my DH's surgery that covered it at the time, etc...  and the waiting... it was months and months...  and this...  BING BANG BOOM...  and I got the call we have an opening this coming Monday (someone got cancelled)....and here we are!  Ready to rock and roll....   

I wish everyone great success....  we are all here for a reason no matter the avenues we took to get back....  we all want health and vitality....  I'm in it to win it.... and I will be posting here regularly.....    Surgery is Monday the 30th at 8:00 a.m. and I have to be there at 6:00 a.m.  I will only be in overnight but I will have my husband's laptop.....   Prayers and good juju healing vibes appreciated!!!!

enlightened

Anything WORTH having is WORTH working for !

pineview01
on 9/25/13 10:30 am - Davison, MI

Best wishes for you on your surgery.  I sure hope it works you!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active