Revision surgery scheduled!

Lisa O.
on 9/25/13 3:47 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Thank you, Tom!  Wow!  the 170's?!  That's where I need to end up.  It's very reassuring knowing that so many have revised to RNY from the Band and are having success and finding it not too much more difficult.  Thanks for going first!

I will keep you posted.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Ashley in Belgium
on 9/25/13 6:00 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

I am very happy for you Lisa.  I have enjoyed reading your many posts - though I wish your experience w/ the Band hadn't been so awful in the end.   RNY has been the best thing I've done for myself ever and I hope you'll be feeling the same after your surgery!  Therapy was key for me in preparing for this journey and taking an active role here on OH has been very helpful to me as well.  Keeps me accountable and real and in the moment.   

I hope your surgery goes smoothly and that your reflux issues disappear!  I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!

Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Lisa O.
on 9/25/13 6:23 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Thank you Ashley! I'm so happy that you have no regrets.  Funny, I don't have hatred toward the band.  I am my own worse enemy and it did work well for me for years.  Aside from the issues later the biggest hassle and reason I would not have a band again is the hassle of adjustments!  It's a big pain and so many never find a good level of restriction and therefore end up keeping the band too tight trying to get there.  I know I did at times along my banded journey!

Anyway, I'm ready to start a new chapter with the RNY.  Funny, I let myself chicken out in the very beginning because I didn't want such an invasive surgery, etc. etc.   Should have done what the doctor recommended.  But, all in all, I came out of it o.k. and have learned a lot about myself and my issues with food.

I look forward to taking this journey together!  

Grace and peace, 

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 11:54 am

Lisa- I will def. be following your progress closely. I love your positive attitude, and I too feel like I learned a lot with the band. Its since slipped, and I'm looking forward to a revision. God Bless and keep you safe on your journey!!!!

K

Lisa O.
on 9/26/13 1:37 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Thank you, K!

Keep us posted about your revision.  We had our bands put in a month a part, maybe we will revise a month a part!

Best, 

Lisa O.

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/13 12:32 pm

that would be GREAT!!! :)

what does your pre-op diet look like?

Most Active