Lap Band Erosion

DianneP
on 11/9/13 11:22 am - Bristow, VA
Lap Band on 09/15/13

Well, it's done!  Had the band removed 4 Nov and came home 3 days later.  Instead of a simple laproscopic clip clip, Dr.

had to go into the stomach to get it out.  I was in surgery 4 hours and my stomach is a mass of incisions.  Horrible

experience!  I'm not in too much pain and the drain is out thank goodness.  The worst part is this liquid, soft diet. 

Wonder how long I have to be on it.

I have a word of warning:  I was given Protonix in the hospital - supposed to prevent acid reflux and help the stomach

heal.  It gave me uncontrollable diarrhea, insomnia (up every 2 hrs to go to the bathroom) and incredible dry mouth.  I

didn't put it together until I got the prescription filled, and there were the exact side effects on the insert.  I flat out

refused to take it - and the symptons disappeared.  My Dr. is not happy with me - tried to bully me into taking it.  Told

him I knew my body best.  So he put me on Pepcid AC.

So glad it's over - I don't think I will have any further surgery.  At this point in my life (66 yrs old) I will try the eating

right/exercise program.  If that doesn't work , I will learn to live with myself as I am.

Best of luck to you all - this has all been such a disappointment.

DIANNE

pineview01
on 11/9/13 12:20 pm - Davison, MI

WOW, 4 hours!  You must have been a mess.  Sorry to hear you had it so ruff.  Hopefully you are feeling better and it gets better for you!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active