band removal approved

sfnativewm
on 9/15/13 10:25 am

I will be getting it out in a few months due to some family health issues and also making sure my work has the staff to help my position out.    Anyhow in planning all this I need to know how much time off work I will need.  I took a full three weeks getting recovered from putting the band in so will it be the same?

Thanks

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

airbender
on 9/15/13 12:13 pm

time off is dependent on many factors...when i had the lap band put in i had it on thursday and returned to work on monday, i had a 2 and 5 yr old at home, single mom,  no one knew i had surgery and i DONT have  a desk job.  lap band expant was like freaking nothing, i went home after recovery and had grilled chicken with salad....real easy no real recovery at all....unless you have a problem you don't need that much time off, but do what your dr suggests...good luck in getting healthy

Lisa O.
on 9/16/13 12:52 am - Snoqualmie, WA

I would say 3-5  days off should do it.  Mine was pretty uneventful but I also had an easy recovery when they put it in. 

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

pineview01
on 9/17/13 7:59 am - Davison, MI

It would depend on what your problems with the band are.  I had a harder recoup from the band than having it placed.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

motomama
on 9/18/13 9:13 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Totally depends on what if any damage the band has done.  Are you revision to anything else or just having the band removed?  I had my Band to RNY revision on 9/6 and this recovery has been more difficult- not pain wise but fatigue has been a big issue.  Good Luck!    

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

Most Active