Pain in my neck after surgery, what's too much saliva, and narcotic dreams.

motomama
on 9/15/13 11:45 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

I've had a pain in the right left side of my neck since my band to RNY on 9/6...anyone else have this problem.  Lots of saliva production at night also?  Anyone else have this.  I think I just have slept or sat up and slept wrong in the hospital and still haven't worked it out.  The other issue is tons of saliva while I am asleep.  I am swallowing it all and it nots coming up, just tired of all the

swallowing.  Sorry for the whining.  But this seems to be where I am most comfortable doing it.  I am also trying to get off the narcotics.  They are giving me the weirdest realistic dreams, so realistic that when I wake up I am truly surprised that it really didn't happen.  For example, I dreamed that my sweet 6 year old woke up in the night and crawled into bed with me, I then went to check on the other kids to make sure they were ok.  When I woke, none of it had happened. 

Member Services
on 9/16/13 12:26 am - Irvine, CA

Please give your surgeon's office a call to address your concerns. This will make you feel better when talking to someone about what you are experiencing.  

Angelique J.
on 9/16/13 3:03 am - Allentown, PA

I also had really realistic dreams and nightmares after my surgery. I blamed them on the morphine and they took about a month to go away I hate to say. I take Vicodin several times a week for chronic pain and never had these issues so thus my blaming of morphine.

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

Most Active