scared and feeling alone

cheesedoodle4511
on 9/13/13 6:44 pm
Hello
I'm currently in the process of trying to get my RNY revised to a DS. I has lost 100pds and got to 198 for what feeld like a second. I then regained everything and I set at around 280. The RNY was very hard to maintain eventually your pouch grows so you can eat more, but need to eat less then 1200 cals. I ended up feeling hungry a lot. This time my surgeon is making sure I deal with emotional eating before we even think about a surgeru date.

I just feel alone and lost. I would love to make friends with people that have travelled this road already. It seems like a very unknown bumpy road. If you have any thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear them. . Thanks for reading.
10/07 RNY 08/13 start process for a revision to DS
Sherrie P.
on 9/14/13 11:57 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Regain is awful.

I am band to RNY.

I hope you are successful. Best of luck.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

motomama
on 9/15/13 3:25 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

I sort of understand....I just had a lapband to RNY revision, I also have invested time with a great counselor to help with the emotional part.  I actually started seeing my counselor for anxiety attacks and she's a huge asset in all areas.  Find someone you like and make the commitment to yourself to go to counseling.  I am not sure if you have tried counseling before but all I can say is that is it so freeing to be able to talk to someone who isn't going to judge you even when you spill you guts about those skeletons that rattle around in all of our closets.  If you don't like the label of counseling or talk therapy think of it as mentoring.

My best words of encouragement and advice is if you haven't already tried one on one counseling with professional that understands weight loss and the emotions that surround it, then give it a try.  I wish you the best. 

J

I am a 42 year old mother of 3 who is 5 feet tall and trying to beat the odds of my inherited medical history.  Taking things one day at a time.  Banded in 2008, revised to RNY 2013

Ann M.
on 10/11/13 11:21 am - GA

Have you posted on the DS board? The are RNY to DS revisions there who can point you in the right direction. Isolating yourself is one of the worst things you can do. There are plenty of successful revisions out there. Best of luck to you.

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/11/13 5:12 pm

You must go ask this on a DS board. There are very few surgeons that can or should do this particular revision surgery, and the surgeon you have listed isn't one of them. There are others who have walked this same path before you, and most are great about sharing information.

Most Active