Revision Encouragement

kayjay
on 9/12/13 11:49 pm - glen allen, VA
Hi Everyone, I'm new here. I am 4 weeks post op from RNY revision. I just wanted to hear from those who are on this revision journey with me. How's your progress? What challenges are you facing 4wks out. What are you eating? How's the weight lost been/going? Just wanted to know if I'm experiencing similar. Any encouragement will help. Thank you all for reading.
tdbull
on 9/13/13 12:29 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am just over 4 weeks out. I ended up with an infection in my drain hole, and also had my gallbladder removed, so my surgery wasn't without complications. I am slowly regaining energy, and doing more and walking more every day. I work from home so this is nice. I eat greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, deli meat, soft grilled fish like salmon, tuna, chili, eggs. I am slowly introducing fruits and veggies, like peas, watermelon, peeled apple. So far I haven't had any problems eating or drinking. Wishing you success on your journey.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

kayjay
on 9/13/13 12:36 am - glen allen, VA
Thank you for your reply. I'm so glad you're doing well and I pray nothing but success for you. Ok, I'm not really having issues, just seeing how others around the same weeks out are doing. Seeing the similarities...ya know. I'm right on track then..lol good to know. Thanks again!
cheesedoodle4511
on 9/13/13 6:47 pm
Congrats on your revison I hope you a speedy recovery. What did you revise from?
10/07 RNY 08/13 start process for a revision to DS
motomama
on 9/15/13 4:08 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

Only 9 days out, would love some more encouraging words...that list of soft food sounds wonderful.  I am looking forward to something besides liquids. 

pineview01
on 9/15/13 9:36 am - Davison, MI

Are you RNY to RNY?  Or are are you from/to RNY and another surgery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kayjay
on 9/15/13 10:11 am - glen allen, VA
I'm RNY to RNY...
Ashley in Belgium
on 9/15/13 10:26 pm, edited 9/15/13 10:31 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Hi - I am a little over 5 weeks post-op revision Lap Band to RNY.  Things are going better than I had ever hoped.  Energy is back 100%, no pain or difficulty with eating.  Spent last weekend in Paris walking all over, climbing a gazillion steps, eating in restaurants.  No problems whatsoever!  It's been an amazing journey and I can only hope it continues.  I am down 27 lbs since surgery (had a mini-stall between weeks 3 and 5) and 42lbs total since July 1st.  My nutritionist says everything is looking fantastic and I am on track to loose all of my excess weight.  I've got another 74 lbs to go which doesn't seem outrageous so I am very encouraged.

I am eating things similar to the previous posters (Ricotta cheese, guacamole, cottage cheese et) but I also try to eat as much sea food as I can so I often eat 2 slices of smoked salmon with fage greek yogurt and chives for lunch, or grilled shrimp or mussels.  I bought a slow cooker recently and am enjoying all my familys' favorites like carnitas, or brisket or whole chicken in white wine, ratatouille, Indian Dahl, etc.   The crock pot makes all the meat so tender that I've had no issues with choking or getting stuck and it allows me to feed everyone easily.  I usually have one protein shake (Lemon tea by Syntrax Nector) around 4pm as this is when I start the school pick-up and activity driving circus act and it allows me to keep up on my protein and get fluid in at the same time. 

I hope you continue to do well and that you are enjoying the experience as much as I am.  Wishing you continued good luck!

Cheers - Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

kayjay
on 9/15/13 10:39 pm - glen allen, VA
Thank you for replying Ashley. Ok you stalled, that's what I was looking for, to see if this happened to anyone else. I think that's what I am right now. Wk 2 lost 20, wk 4 only 5 lbs at 4wk checkup. I was getting worried a little. I'm in wk 4 going into wk 5 on Thursday. I'll keep the faith that it will pick back up. Again, thank you for your post and I pray continued success.
Ashley in Belgium
on 9/16/13 5:54 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

If you do an OH search - upper right hand corer next to messages and My account - for 3 week stall you will see that this is very very frequent with WLS patients.  Almost everyone goes through this mini-stall.  The vets will tell you it is only a stall if it lasts for 4 weeks or more!  Regardless, it is widely accepted that at week 3/4/5 the body needs a chance to catch up.  You should also take your measurements, which you can log into the OH health tracker on your profile page.  This will keep you encouraged as you'll see that you are shrinking even if the scale stays the same!  For me the scale stayed the same for 2 weeks.  But I went down a size in clothes!  I found that as soon as I started to eat more solid food and had over 60g of protein a day things got moving again.  But I don't think anyone here loses everyday, sometimes you just need to have faith in the process!  It's hard I know.

Hang in there!  Sounds like you are doing great!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active