RNY Revision Procedure???

cewing090502
on 9/8/13 3:58 pm

I had my RNY Gastric By Pass in 2002.  For many years it though I did great because I lost about 125 lbs.  I was at my loses 142 after the surgery and then many other health issues started.  I deal with have many vitamin deficiencies that I knew was part of this weight loss surgery but, better than having diabetes.  I recently because of other health issues have been diagnosis with fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder and depression.  Of coarse, my much of this is because have regained 45 pounds and I am very fearful of regaining all that weight.  I don't know where to even began ...I just sit with pain day in and day out and my abdomen is getting bigger.  I try hard to get enough protein, vitamins, and water in but I am NOT LOSING ...please let my know how to even start this ...has anyone had Priority Health Insurance in MI than covered this.  I know my weight is only making the fibromyalgia pain worst and what I have read on this forum I possibly should of questioned this years ago but, fear and health issues prevented this.  I just need a #1, #2 ....?#  type of direction ...I am really wondering what to do ...who to see? ...how to pay for this??? I am unable to work because of my health issue but my husband does have Priority Health of MI PPO. Thank you for your help!

OliverandCompany
on 9/8/13 10:59 pm

My suggestion would be to go see the doctor who operated on you the first time. I see my surgeon every year and that is how I got started. From there he may send you for tests. If you are having trouble getting eough food in, maybe a revision is not what you need. Your surgeon would be able to tell you that. For me I was noticing a major difference and could eat a lot more. Good luck and hopefully I helped some.

cewing090502
on 9/11/13 8:53 am

Thank you for letting my know this ...I do have an appointment with my surgeon Oct. 3rd.  It took so research cuz He went from the Baratric Center to Spectrum Hospital ....but I know I need to know where to go next thanks again.

MsBatt
on 9/9/13 1:30 am

First we need more information from you. First,journal your foods for a couple of days, and post it here. This will help us get an idea of how you're eating. Include EVERYTHING, every bite you eat, every thing you drink.

Second, post your vitamin schedule. Be VERY specific---like, "At breakfast I take A Centrum multi, 600 mgs of calcium citrate with D and magnesium," etc. for throughout your day.

Third, if you don't already have them, get your latest lab results and post them here. Again, be VERY specific..

Fourth---what is this pain you sit with all day? From your fibro? Are you able to do any exercise? What medications are you taking?

When we have this info, we'll be better able to tell you your next step.

Most Active