Need support and encouragement!

OliverandCompany
on 9/8/13 2:14 pm

I am back and having a revision sometime soon. My original surgery was 2006 and I went from 278 down to 132 and am now 212. I am embarrassed and ashamed and feel like a failure even though my doctor has classified my needing a revision as a Medical failure. I have a VERY supportive immediate family and have decided for now not to say anything specific to my extended family. Does anyone have advise or suggestions to help me through this? I found this site to be detrimental to me in my success and was hoping to feel that way again!

Member Services
on 9/8/13 11:58 pm - Irvine, CA

Hello,

We are very sorry for all you have been through.  Give yourself credit for taking that next step to being Healthy.  Please be sure and read some of our articles to the right that will assist you during your revision process.  

OliverandCompany
on 9/9/13 8:35 am
Thanks for sharing the articles, I will definitely read up on them!
JudyAz
on 9/9/13 12:52 am - FL

I am struggling with a 40 lb regain also and share a lot of the same feelings. I just try my best every day, even if it means starting over day after day. I am also trying not to beat myself up so much. I think that by coming back to OH is a great help because every single person who signs on has been there and understands the struggle.  Just wanted to wish you luck on your journey and revision.

OliverandCompany
on 9/9/13 8:34 am
Thank you for your support, I try not to beat myself up, but am disappointed in myself for having to go through it again but also proud I can take the next step in fixing it! 😀
Lisa O.
on 9/9/13 1:56 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Which surgery did you have? Many of us have and are going through the exact same thing.  Just remember that we started this journey with a compulsive eating diesease and it doesn't just get better because we lose the weight.  It takes a lot of work to learn and truly adopt new eating behaviors that we can maintain long term.  Even then, we will not be perfect.  It takes dilegence and I am just newly coming to terms with this.  It's going to be a forever focus for me.  I had the Lap Band and am revising to RNY in October.

Never give up!

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

OliverandCompany
on 9/9/13 8:31 am
I have said from day one the process should include a long term psychological therapist to help us through. The first year I was so good at not eating anything I was not supposed to eat then I tasted sugar again and it has been down hill from there! This time I really need to stick to that as there is no other choice! Thanks for responding with your support. I am having RNY to RNY again just removing more intestines.
MsBatt
on 9/9/13 2:14 am

What was your original surgery, and what sort of revision are you planning?

LOL---I hope this site isn't "detrimental" to your success! I think you meant either instrumental or inspirational.

OliverandCompany
on 9/9/13 8:27 am
Lol you are right it was instrumental thanks for helping me with that one! I had open RNY and am having the same surgery, open again, restricting my pouch and he is removing more of my intestines!!
MsBatt
on 9/9/13 8:56 am

Have you considered revising to the DS? Statistically that's the revision with the best long-term success, and I've heard people who have a distal RNY (the one where they bypass more intestine) describe it as the 'worst of both worlds'. Lots of vitamin issues, etc.

Most Active