RNY to RNY Revision-Question??

OliverandCompany
on 9/17/13 2:57 am

HI Msbooshee,

I hope you have a very easy recovery and am happy to hear your surgery is soon. When you say your pouch is 100% closed do you mean there is no leak right? 

~~Chris~~

msbooshee
on 9/17/13 3:02 am

Chris - No it means that i have no food, nothing at all is going thru my pouch its going thru the stomach area. 

The stomach has two openings where the staples has basically desolved over the years. I wish all the luck with your revision.  I went yesterday for my preop visit.  I am having my surgery in Fairfax, VA where will yours be

OliverandCompany
on 9/17/13 2:51 am

Hi Jill, 

I hope you ar less nervous and am really looking forward to how you are doing. I will keep you in my thoughts in the next couple of weeks, I did get a surgery date and I am scheduled for Nov 19th, I was really surprised my insurance approved me. I go see the doctor on October 16th to really talk about the risks and proceedure and everything. I guess ebing embarrassed is normal but think of how muchhas changed since we last had our surgeries. I am more apprehensive about telling anyone because my Niece had RNY in April and my sister just had it on Sept 12th. I dont want to share this with them because they are in the postitive time of their journey. I just want them to know it can change if they dont follow things to the T! I am proof of that for sure. Please keep me posted on your journey! :) 

~~Chris~~

jillS
on 9/17/13 2:58 am - Tinton Falls, NJ

Hi Chris,

I am getting nervous as my surgery is ONE week from today!!  I just want to get it over with so I feel like I can start living again!  I still havent told anyone except my two best friends and my mom and husband who are all very supportive!  I am scared to go under anesthesia...I have kids and I worry about being put to sleep.  I know that this is for my quality of life and I'll be a better person after it...I just want to be successful and STAY successful this time.  I'm so disappointed that I let this happen  :(

Good luck on Oct. 16th...I never thought I would be approved for a revision let along that it happened SO FAST!  Keep me posted!!  We need to hear some SUCCESS STORIES!!!

~Jill

msbooshee
on 9/17/13 3:06 am

Good Luck to you Jill.  They're new victory is your new victory.  You can help them along the way.  you can tell them they good and bad things to do and not do.  my main thing this time is exercise exercise.

jillS
on 9/8/13 11:56 pm - Tinton Falls, NJ

Thank you!  My surgeon says that he will probably have to make my pouch smaller again and tighten the stoma.  I just want to feel like I did the first time around.  I have learned my lesson and am grateful for another chance.  Glad to hear the recovery was much easier the second time!

Jill

Suzanne_Paulette
on 5/30/17 12:53 pm - Lamonte, MO

Good for you!!!! You give me hope.

Most Active