Calling all Band to Bypass folks!

Ksan32
on 9/5/13 7:23 am - AZ
I would also say the gas. My sagging booty and boobs! I lost a total over 100 since my highest of 272 before the band and RNY. I'm at 132 at 5 9 1/2 and in a size 2 my largest was 24! This is insane! Oh yeah, walked into Lane Bryant why loosing I was probably a 12-14 regular store size searching for 34 C bra. The sales lady approached me immediately and said we don't carry your size here! Talk about discrimination, I then showed her my Lane Bryant card and told her I had shopped here for years and because I made some decisions in my life I no longer have to but you were rude to me I could have been shopping for a family member. She apologized I asked for scissors and cut up my card and threw it away and left the store!,

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

Kayla W.
on 9/5/13 10:34 pm - San Diego, CA
On September 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM Pacific Time, Ksan32 wrote:
I would also say the gas. My sagging booty and boobs! I lost a total over 100 since my highest of 272 before the band and RNY. I'm at 132 at 5 9 1/2 and in a size 2 my largest was 24! This is insane! Oh yeah, walked into Lane Bryant why loosing I was probably a 12-14 regular store size searching for 34 C bra. The sales lady approached me immediately and said we don't carry your size here! Talk about discrimination, I then showed her my Lane Bryant card and told her I had shopped here for years and because I made some decisions in my life I no longer have to but you were rude to me I could have been shopping for a family member. She apologized I asked for scissors and cut up my card and threw it away and left the store!,

Im sorry but I think thats kind of funny. That's kind of my dream...(that and going into Target and being told Im too rich to shop there). Your lane bryant experience would have probably been my NSV. I sooo loved being a size 6 and walking right past LB to some of the cuter, better quality stores. And now Im back at Lane Bryant again. (thanks Lap-Band!)

Im so glad to hear that you have been so successful with your RNY. My conversion date it next Thursday 9/12 and I am scared as heck. Scared of the actual surgery, scared I wont lose and scared I will lose and gain back. How long did it take you to lose your weight?

Oh and by the way, I found that Victoria's Secret bras work REALLY good for supporting saggy WLS boobs. I LOVED the Very Sexy plunge multi way bra. Has removeable water pads that really help push the girls back into place. Plus the straps can be worn many ways for backless, halter, etc. They can be pricey ($50-60) but sometimes they clearance out the older prints for less than $20 or you can find good prices on Amazon and Ebay once you know your size. As for the saggy booty, I got a butt bra from bubbles body wear. It is a lite girdle with 2 cut outs in the rear and pulls your but up and out. a MUST for jeans!

Thank you for sharing, you are inspiring.! = ) Hope I get kicked out of Lane Bryant soon. = )

Kayla

Real Eyes....Realize....Real Lies...

282 / 195/ 160 (time of surgery/current/goal) 

"Commit the oldest sins, the newest kind of ways."

Ksan32
on 9/8/13 8:41 pm, edited 9/9/13 3:37 am - AZ
Haha Kayle, spent forever in VS can't make myself pay that much! My boobs just fall into the cups like a deflated soufflé. I loved the Incredible when I was rocking a 42 DD but now I'm in 32C. I was and still am terrified because I have failed once with the band. My weight fell off. I was so good at eating I got down to 119! I had to stop the extreme eating or I was going to disappear. I didn't realize how little calories I was eating. I was never hungry. I now have hunger but it took 22 months to feel it. Then I freaked out!! I didn't want to feel it. This time it's different, I know what to do. I'm in control and have a tool to help me. Good luck with your surgery you will do great. We have already had a little practice with the band.

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

motomama
on 9/15/13 4:05 am - TX
RNY on 09/06/13

I had my band to RNY revision on 9/6 so I am not to the OMG this is awesome yet.  I am still on liquids.  So what I didn't expect was how slow the recovery would be.  I had a lot of scar tissue and swelling. For me the pain isn't the problem it's the energy thing.  Things to know before hand is that if you are on anti anxiety or meds for depression, so working with you docs really early to make sure you have an easy way to take this medication during recovery.  My major issues in the hospital stemmed from anxiety attacks.  Yes, doc had charted the meds I needed but sometimes floor nurses don't get it you know until you totally flip out on them.  Even though everyone said you won't be hungry, I am really not...but I am so thirsty. 

Find liquid forms of proteins your going to like before surgery!!!!  I am still searching.  I am not into sweet and most of the stuff is extra sweet. 

After my lapband, I went to LB to shop and I walked in and the sweet sales girl, said to me..."Little Girl, what are you doing in here?"  I cried as I tried on their smallest size and it was too big.  I am looking forward to that experience again. 

QoftheU
on 9/15/13 8:03 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
UnJury - chicken soup - not sweet and tastes great! Also, chicken and beef bouillon... yes, it has salt but when you're really really sick of sweet, salty can be awesome!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active