Worried

awinslow
on 9/7/13 5:08 am
I am two weeks post op and have researched a lot online. I am worried I am doing something wrong because others have lost way more. In my dietician manual, it says today I can eat soft foods but I'm terrified to because what if it slows my WL. Before my liquid diet pre- op I was at 256 and this morning I weighed 236. I'm happy with it but haven't seen or felt much difference. I go and see my surgeon this coming Tuesday so I'm hoping to get more clarification.
MsBatt
on 9/7/13 5:15 am

I'm betting those people who've lost "way more" started out heavier than you did. You can't compare yourself to others or you'll go crazy.

awinslow
on 9/8/13 2:03 am, edited 9/8/13 2:21 am

Thank you!! I've been going crazy. It makes sense.

thinlizzie12
on 9/8/13 12:26 am - KS
DS on 01/24/13

OK....are you serious? 20 lbs???? That is pretty darn awesome. MsBatt is right. Stop comparing. Your body is doing what it is supposed to do. Give yourself a break. I didn't start feeling or see a difference until about the 40 lb mark. 2 weeks....that is NOT a long time....you have the rest of your life!

awinslow
on 9/8/13 2:05 am
Thank you?? I feel better about this, thanks to you and MsBatt. I do need to stop comparing. I do have the rest of my life. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Vicki PNW
on 9/8/13 2:11 am

I don't own a scale but did lose 20# out of the gate at my first exam since my surgery.  By the time I had my second exam, I was gradually eating solid foods and had lost only 1#.  I was not concerned about the weight stall and neither was my surgeon.  I eventually went on to lose more than 100#.  Although I am not at "goal", I have managed to keep it off.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

awinslow
on 9/8/13 2:13 am, edited 9/8/13 2:23 am

Awesome!!! Thank you! 

Maggie May
on 9/8/13 2:24 am
RNY on 08/21/13

Sounds to me like you are doing just fine. :)

Maggie May 

awinslow
on 9/8/13 2:26 am

Thank you!!! I'm new to this site. How do I add friends? Do I need to be on my actual computer?

Whit
on 9/8/13 6:09 am
Revision on 12/10/12

20 pounds is an awesome accomplishment. Just follow the rules and you body will do what it needs to do. You may be slower then some and faster then others.

I had a revision from RNY to DS and I was tld it's much much slower for us. Well not me. I lost almost all my weight in the first 7 months. But nothing for the last 2 which gets me to the 10 pound a month average. 

My point is we all end up in the same place. Your trip will be yours and yours alone. 

Best

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active