Anyone had a RNY reversal?

Misty1980
on 8/30/13 11:15 am - edwards, CA

I'm almost 7 years out and been having some major issues. My weight is at 137 and still losing as Ive been so sick. DS dr said they would not want to revise me due to my weight being so low and insurance is a no go so just wanting to hear if there is anyone out there that has been reversed.

airbender
on 8/30/13 12:56 pm

I am not sure which "DS dr" said they didnt want to revise you, but your post is not about revision due to lack of weight loss it is due to "major issues" ?  there are rny patients that have been revised to DS with a much lower weight than yours, for example rny to ds patient seeking healthy was about 109 lbs, very sick,  when keshasian revised her to ds to help her get rid of her issues, she eventually gained about 15 lbs and felt great.  if there is medical necessity to revise your rny then insurance would pay, and it is not all about bmi when you are talking about a revsion...make sure you pick a rny to ds revision surgeon, off the top of my head i can think of maybe 6 throughout the world....good luck with your revision....

MSSEXXC74
on 8/30/13 4:03 pm

You have 2 of the BEST DS dr In the world right in the same state with.  DR Keshishian and Dr Rabkin. 

Misty1980
on 8/31/13 1:49 am - edwards, CA
I've talked to both of the Drs and they both called my insurance and my insurance said no way and that they don't even cover DS. Also Dr Ks girl told me my bmi was so low she was not sure but if I could come up with 28,500 they would probably do it. No way we can so that so just don't know.
mawdebo
on 8/31/13 1:34 pm
Like what kind of issues? Cuz im considering the RNY
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 9/2/13 5:12 am

Common issues for RNY are dumping syndrome, reactive hypoglycemia, regain, and inability to take NSAIDs ever again for pain, If you need a malabsorbtive surgery, you want to research the the DS. Much better stats on everything.

Most Active