Anyone have a Lap Band removed and RNY or Sleeve done on the same day?

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/13 3:04 am
That is great to hear all the success and eases my mind a bit.

Thank You and I will update
Ana
rtm
on 8/28/13 3:13 am - NY
VSG on 08/20/13
Just had my band to sleeve revision done on 8/20. All in one surgery. In the hospital for 2 nights, which were challenging, and will be home for 2 weeks. Eight days out I feel fine. Had a low grade fever at night for 6 days which my surgeon said is normal. No pain meds except at bed time and my only issue is low energy. Need to rest after minimal activity. Totally better than I expected! I actually have less pain on my side than when my band and port was in.
ohbearly
on 8/29/13 5:17 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

I had my Lapband removed, my gall bladder removed and RNY surgery on 07/31. The surgery took a total of 4 hours. I actually recovered very fast. I was in the hospital two nights.  I was active before surgery and was anxious to get moving as soon as I could after surgery. I was able to walk a pretty good distance down the hospital hall 4 hours after my surgery. On the day I returned home, I walked .4 mile and within 3 days I was up to 2 miles a day.  My pain was bad for maybe 5 days and then annoying the next week. This week I am pain free.  Also, my surgeon lifted all my restrictions last Thursday. I have ridden my bike 3 times, each between 10-15 miles.  – Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Katie H.
on 8/31/13 6:16 pm - NC

Thank you guys for sharing! I'm hoping that my recovery goes half as well as y'alls have!

Katie

Katie

Lap-Band 09/10, seeking revision.

Most Active