Had revision 7-22-13

tbone88
on 8/24/13 6:53 am - MO

Hi I had my RNY to RNY revison in Tj mexico on 7-22-13. to my understanding from the surgeon they did nothing to my pouch. What they did do was bypass more of my intestinal tract to give my more malabsorbtion. I started this journey at 6'0" 296lbs I weighted myself today and i am at 258lbs. Now here is where I wil give you all TMI lol. it does not mater what i eat baked, boiled fried, non dairy, or anything. I always have bad diahrea and very loud stomach noise. what every I consume will literally shoot out of me within an hour but then it is an ongoing run to the bathroom every hour or 2. What could be going on? Do I need to go to the ER? Will they even look at me since this was done in Mexico? I didnt have any problems like this with my first surgery 13 years ago. I have not been  released to return to work yet but when I do I am going to have to keep a spare change of clothes in the car in case I dont make it to a restroom (TMI). I am in customers offices all day working on equipment I would hat to bend over and have a gallon of liquid shoot out. If anyone has any ideas about this or if they had similar problems let me know.

pineview01
on 8/24/13 1:44 pm - Davison, MI

I have read that is one of the issues with the distal RNY configuration.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

AngelicMythology
on 8/24/13 10:04 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

I had the same operation back in January. My surgeon gave me a script for Creon. It helped me so much with the first couple of months with those side effects. I would take 2 capsules before a meal and 1 before snack. It helped me so much during those earlier post op days. I stopped taking it because I no longer need it. 

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Most Active