Undecided & confused

MSSEXXC74
on 8/27/13 10:11 am

Reenee too bad that the hernia did not come after the final WLS.  Hernias are a sure fire way of getting abdominalplasty paid for by the insurance company.

renee73
on 8/27/13 10:54 am - Atlanta, GA
oh wow...I didn't know that! I know I will need a tummy tuck after I had the revision.
Cindy W.
on 8/28/13 9:53 am - Madison, CT

I had the band out due to an erosion in one procedure and then RNY 14 months later on 7/31.  My recovery has been pretty smooth.  The first week was so slow but really not painful.  By week 2 I was walking 2 miles a day and now I am up to 3-4 miles per day.  I do feel a little run down in the evening, but I am focusing on increasing my protein levels. Exactly 4 weeks today and I have lost 25 pounds.  Good luck with your decision!

renee73
on 8/28/13 10:07 am - Atlanta, GA
Congratulations on the weight loss and thanks for the reply. Per 3 doctors, RNY will be the chose of revision.
tammym
on 8/29/13 5:34 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12

I had VBG (similar to the band and sleeve surgeries done today) back in 2001. I wasn't successful with the original surgery and had a revision to RNY a year and a half ago.

Currently @ Goal but gaining. If I could go back, I'd go for the RNY from the very beginning!  

My revision recovery was two weeks off work (desk job.) Then light duty for a few more weeks. I didn't do any strenuous exercise for several months. Just lot's of walking. 

My advice- Go for the RNY. RNY surgery has only a slightly increased risk of complications and has a much higher success rate! 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/tammym/

renee73
on 8/30/13 7:15 am - Atlanta, GA
Thank you
Most Active