ANYONE HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH BAND REMOVAL??

valexi
on 8/18/13 7:10 am - Canada
Surgery tomorrow morning, pretty nervouse.. Any advice???

Thx

Valexi
TamaraL
on 8/18/13 9:03 am

it should be a fairly easy surgery.  they remove the port and then the band.  you don't have any fluid in the band do you??  Good luck. 

Tamara

airbender
on 8/18/13 12:47 pm

it is very easy, for you and the surgeon....you will do great!!!! get that thing out of there....

pineview01
on 8/20/13 1:36 pm - Davison, MI

They called my band removal surgery at 9:15 and I was home at 1:30!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

marfar7
on 8/21/13 9:28 am - OR
The only complication with my band to sleeve revision was a bad reaction to Reglan 5 days post op. Ended up in the ER. I was convinced I had a staple line leak. not even close. As soon as the ER dr saw me, he knew what it was. Guess Reglan is classic for Dystonic Reactions.

Good luck! So glad my band is out. Took my dr an extra 30 minutes to dig it out of my stomach. Yuck!

Marci

Post band to sleeve revision July 16, 2013

PW: 248 CW:157 GW:130

valexi
on 8/21/13 2:31 pm - Canada

Thx for the info!!!!!

:)

MSSEXXC74
on 8/26/13 7:22 am

Valexi

I just wanted to check on you. You should of had your band removed by now?  Hope all is well

valexi
on 8/26/13 2:37 pm - Canada

Thank you for asking!!

im doing great.. Just trying to eat the right things and not too much.. It's a real challenge!

My staples come out Thursday.. 

Eating normaly but cheating somtimes :(

MSSEXXC74
on 8/26/13 2:52 pm

OH Im glad youre ok.You are eating normally already? Did they just take the band off and do no other WLS? What are you cheatIng with. Its probably the fact u had so many problems with the band youre happy to be able to eat. Just start again tomorrow dont be too hard on yourself.

valexi
on 8/26/13 3:16 pm - Canada

I will get the sleeve in three months..

i cheated with having a burger and fries, Snacking a lot just cuz I can :(

its not good..

Most Active