Weight creeping back

sabrina Y.
on 8/9/13 9:55 pm - virginia beach, VA

Well...it has been  3 years and 8 months since my revision, and now the weight and inches are starting to creep back on me. At my lowest weight I was 138 (15 months ago) and now I am inching towards 158...20 pounds gained in 15 months. I will admit I have not been as active as I should be as I have had 2 unrelated surgeries in the past 15 months that had me laid up for a bit. I have also noticed the old sugar demon trying to creep back into my life...and I have given in a few times. I know that my pouch is still small because I cannot eat that much still...which is good. And here is an interesting thing: I never feel hungry...but I make myself eat dinner with my family..but during the day: nope not hungry, but I at least attempt to eat some cheese or spoonful of peanut butter in the am.

I have seen and heard about (somewhere) how to "jumpstart" or "re-train" myself in order to get the pounds to start going back down...does anyone have any ideas about this or know of a link that I can use to tweak my diet in order to get "back on track"? I was thinking about doing protein shakes in the morning and afternoon again...but not sure which shakes I should do anymore as it has been a while...Thank you all in advance.  Sabrina

PS: I am drinking lots of water throughout the day and decaf Splenda sweetened iced tea, I also get Starbucks decaf sugar free iced coffee (with half/half), I used to put a scoop of unflavored Bi-Pro in that in the mornings I got these...but have not done so in ages...should I start doing that again? If not Bi-pro any advice on another powder to use?

Member Services
on 8/9/13 11:00 pm - Irvine, CA

Hello,

Make a list of all the tools  you used before when the weight was coming off. Get back to the basics that worked for you.  If you found journaling worked do it again. If you found logging all your food worked get back to it. Use our Health Tracker here on OH to help track all your food and exercise. Make sure you have identified all the triggers and red flags and have a plan in place to handle them without turning to food.  If you are not exercising please do, if you are then change it up and try something different.

Hang in there!

Health Tracker Tutorials

Getting Started with Health Tracker
Entering and Viewing Body Information
Nutrition Tutorials
    - Using your Nutrition Log
    - My Foods and Creating Custom Food Items
    - Favorite Foods and Browse By Category
    - My Meals and Creating Custom Meals
Activity Tutorials
    - Using your Exercise Log
    - My Exercises and Creating Custom Exercises
    - Setting your Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
   - Creating workouts with My Workouts
Band Tracker - Using, enabling and disabling 
Creating and Using Tickers and Widgets
Report Tutorials
    - Macronutrient Report
    - Creating and Exporting Reports

sabrina Y.
on 8/9/13 11:34 pm - virginia beach, VA

Thank you. I just started back with the journaling...that is how I was able to see that I was really not eating and was not hungry...as far as exercising goes...I MUST get back into doing something other than walking in the evenings...I just have to ease into it as I have had an orthopedic and hernia surgeries and have not been "released" to do more than the walking...I do however have physical therapy 3 times a week...maybe I can get them to show me a way to "ramp" it up a little bit so I am also burning calories as I am getting the therapy,, but therein lays another Catch-22: if I am not putting the calories in then how do I burn them without injuring my body? I also started HRT recently and another medication that has been known to cause weight gain..but I have been on similar meds in the past and did not gain weight, maybe also my age (42) has caught up with me in the metabolism department...looking at my logs from before, I believe it was the protein sprinkled in my coffee or made into shakes that got my weight loss started...I am an "incher" and not a "weighter" when it comes to my weight loss as I lost inches before the scale showed anything really....I started off at 24s and was down to 16s before I had lost 50 lbs...the lowest size and weight I have been is 138 and a size 8...now I am in 14s again....

I may be in Georgia, but Florida's on my mind!!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/10/13 11:33 pm
Join Back On Track Together group. People post daily what they eat.

http://m.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discussion/

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/13 8:12 am

Sounds like it is probably the sugar that is the issue here.  

sabrina Y.
on 8/11/13 9:05 am - virginia beach, VA

I think so too...but I have been completely sugar free for 2 months now...splenda and truvia are so back in my life!!!

~~Sami~~ *.
on 8/22/13 2:12 pm - Jacksonville, FL
5 day pouch test used to be very popular...even for people without pouches. . http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

What type of revision did you have? If a DS, many swear by upping fat and lowering carbs.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

MSSEXXC74
on 8/30/13 7:51 am

A weight loss doctor who does WLS told me that some study shows that artificial sweeteners can put weight on you.  I don't know how true that is she stated thats why she does not like her patients to drink Crystal Light and those other drinks light Crystal Light and really pushes that her patients drink water with lemon or orange in it instead.

Most Active