I went to talk to my doctor yesterday about getting a revision from lapband to have bypass.

reddhedgrl
on 8/8/13 3:49 pm
Lynn,
Have you lost any weight since your revision ?
reddhedgrl
on 8/8/13 3:48 pm
8 days ago I had my band removed and an RNY done... I had LOTS of scar tissue my surgeon said so the first 6 days were ROUGH!!! I've been doing fine since they changed my pain meds & I even went to work today for 4 1/2 hrs.
My advise is a HEATING PAD! It made ALL the difference! It helps move the gas and reduce the bloating which makes getting up & moving so much better. I'm having a hard time drinking all my water, getting in my protein and vitamins, but my Dr says water is most important and protein shakes count toward your fluid intake... Good luck! You'll do great!
My band was HORRIBLE, I spent more time in the ER with adjustments, and vomiting etc... This seems 100% better already & it's only been 8 days! I'm not gonna lie... Day 1-2 while I was still in the hospital, I was having some buyers remorse & scared of my future lifestyle... But I'm home, and more optimistic.
lovely27
on 8/9/13 1:07 am - south hill, VA

Thank you good luck on recovery ,please keep me posted.

Sherrie P.
on 8/11/13 12:03 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I am 6 months post op band to bypass.

BEST decision of my life.  Well, aside from having kids :)

I cannot tell you how much  more I like RNY and wish I had done it to start with.

I have not had any complications.  I am losing my hair - but you know... I don't even care. I have lost 84 pounds, 72 were post op and I feel FABULOUS!!!

It was more painful than the Lapband - took me almost 2 weeks to get completely off of pain meds. I was exhausted for 5 weeks and I finally started feeling "normal" with regards to energy around 3 months.

I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Best of luck to you!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

sknd34
on 8/24/13 3:56 pm - West Fargo, ND

I had the band in Jan 2009. I had port replaced in Aug 2009. In Jan 2010, I had emergency surgery for a slipped band. The next year, we continued to have problems getting restriction. It was always to tight or to loose.  Then I ended up with some esophageal issues. Finally in Nov 2011, we did a revision from band to RNY. The first six weeks were pretty rough. I ended up with 4 dilatations and numerous visits to the ER due to dehydration. My first diliatation was 10 days postop. I ended up with a massive systemic inflammatory response and ended up back in the hospital for 5 days. They were concerned that I was possibly going septic from a possible perforation.  I am now 21 months out and I wouldn't change it again. I feel that I found somethings within myself that I didn't know prior to all of this.

Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
MSSEXXC74
on 8/27/13 10:48 am
On August 24, 2013 at 10:56 PM Pacific Time, sknd34 wrote:

I had the band in Jan 2009. I had port replaced in Aug 2009. In Jan 2010, I had emergency surgery for a slipped band. The next year, we continued to have problems getting restriction. It was always to tight or to loose.  Then I ended up with some esophageal issues. Finally in Nov 2011, we did a revision from band to RNY. The first six weeks were pretty rough. I ended up with 4 dilatations and numerous visits to the ER due to dehydration. My first diliatation was 10 days postop. I ended up with a massive systemic inflammatory response and ended up back in the hospital for 5 days. They were concerned that I was possibly going septic from a possible perforation.  I am now 21 months out and I wouldn't change it again. I feel that I found somethings within myself that I didn't know prior to all of this.

Do you mean you would not have had the RNY?

sknd34
on 8/27/13 11:38 am - West Fargo, ND

What I meant is that I learned so much from each level of struggle that I went through that I wouldn't change any of my decisions. Do I wish the journey was easier at times?  Sure i do, but that is what made me a stronger person. I would done my entire journey again, but would I recommend the band to someone else. Absolutely not, in fact I have talked a couple of people out of the band.

Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
Member Services
on 8/27/13 5:21 am - Irvine, CA

We are sorry to hear this. Research all your options and keep us posted on your progress!

Most Active