Met with the first Dr. for revision

mpafford
on 8/2/13 6:28 am - TX

Met with Dr. Kim today for revision.

Although many told me they did not care for him, I liked him, his assistant, his PA, nurse, and insurance person.

They have the "whole" process down pat. I was there for 2 hrs but it was pretty busy.

I will have the endoscopy in about 3 weeks, then they will see how things look in there. If not erosion, they can do the lap band removal/sleeve at same time.

He only uses 2 hospitals, one that is about 30 miles away, and had bad reviews, and one by my house, but its $1k more. YIKES.

BUT I had a real bad experience at a "less expensive" hospital with my PS, so I dont want to do that again.

The Dr. told me they are removing more and more Lap Bands these days.

Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
tdbull
on 8/2/13 6:40 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Isee you have already had some plastics. When I lost all my weight with the band I had LBL, thigh lift and some lipo on my arms and back. I am now around 195 and scared I have ruined my plastics. My tummy is still flat but legs are back. How do you like your arm lift? I really need it but scared of the scars.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

ToniLee
on 8/2/13 9:46 pm

I'm curious also what happens with weight gain after plastics??  I had my plastics done in April 2010 and the past year or two I have gained 35-40 pounds.  My tummy and arms still look pretty good, but my thighs are horrible.  That is where they do the most lipo I suppose.  I love my arms, I don't care about scars at all. As soon as I am able to work out again, I think they will tighten back up.  I just had surgery last Thursday so I'm not quite there yet.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

Most Active