Kemmeter RNY to DS revision???

humbel
on 7/31/13 12:56 pm - Birmingham, MI

Hello everybody!

I just talked a lady in Dr. Kemmeter's office (Grand Rapids, MI), and she said that he does do RNY to DS revisions. She also stated that he done about a dozen of them with great success and no mortalities... So, my question is this: Do you feel that he has performed enough of this type of revision that I can be confident in his surgical skills and entertain the possibility of going forward with an appt in the hopes of moving toward a future revision of this kind??? I know that he is a phenomenal surgeon from what I've read about him on here, as well as what I've heard about him by word of mouth and in the news. What do you all think? Any input would be much appreciated. I am really struggling with this decision....

Sincere thanks!

Leslie

pineview01
on 8/1/13 1:51 pm - Davison, MI

He is a phenomenal surgeon!  I would have not hesitated using him if my insurance allowed and if I every add the DS to my sleeve (if needed it will have to be self pay) I would use him.  I sure wish the other person that used him here would come back. As I said, I had seen his name on the "short" list on DSfacts last year.  At the time they had great things to say.

Is your insurance going to pay?  Will they pay if you go elsewhere?  Would you be able to do a long term stay far away from home?  Will they put you in contact with other RNY to DS patients, like at a support meeting?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

donna39
on 8/9/13 9:42 am - FL
Hi Kemmeter, I went from the RNY to DS revision. Several of people on this forum told me I shouldn't let my doctor do my surgery due to him not having a lot of experience in the DS surgery. I believed in my doctor, and trusted him. He did my surgery in 2 parts he wanted the 1st part to heal then we went back 3 months later for part 2 which was Aug 1, I feel great and everything went well. I went on a website on information on the DS surgery and it can be done in 2 parts. So I wish you luck and I would go through with it. You will be fine. Your surgeon had to have a 1st RNY patient didn't he or any other surgeries he do. You will be just fine.

Donna SW- 363   CW- 326  GW- 230              VS 04/25/2013 Dr. M. Jawad

Most Active