Still not losing weight/ Back to old habits

cush32
on 7/28/13 4:25 am

First of all I'm 3 months and almost 2 weeks out from my revision surgery date and i haven't loss any weight.  The first 6 to 8 weeks i really tried but  the scale wasn't moving.  So to be honest I've fallen back to my old very bag habits, which are eating at night before bed, and having a drink are 2 on the weekend.  I've gain 4 pounds.  I'm ashamed but I had to get this off my chest and writing about it is good I guess.  I paid money and joint  the gym one month ago and I haven't been one time.  I don't know what's wrong with me but I know I need to get my act together.  I'm not on here writing to make any of you feel sorry for me but I had to tell someone because I'm tired of holding it in.  My appetite is out of control and i don't have that fullness feeling for to long after i eat.  My doctor is Dr. Barnes and he's  a good doc but when he did the revision which was making the whole smaller so the food would stay in my pouch longer it didn't work for me.  When he did my surgery last April he found out that my pouch hadn't stretch it was the whole/opening to my stomach that had gotten stretch, so he went back in and tighten it up but i barely can tell the difference  I wanna make an appointment to see him so he can know was going on but I'm to ashamed and I feel like he"s gonna think I'm not serious about this revision.  I was so....excited days before the surgery and right after the surgery I still was excited but after the 3th/4th week I started getting discourage but I stuck with the food program but my weight stayed the same.  So here I am feeling ashamed but not sorry for myself because it's my fought and I'm going to have to face the music stay fat are lose the weight.  I even tried the Garcinia Cambogia for a week and I gain weight on it.  The sad thing for me is I only want to lose 40 pounds which will put me at 160 and a size 10, and also I want to be healthy and happy with myself.  Thanks for reading.  Cush32

Hislady
on 7/28/13 5:10 am - Vancouver, WA

Well if 2 surgeries haven't done it then maybe it's time for some counceling to figure out why you keep going back to bad eating behaviors. The physical part is easy it's the mental part that takes work. Also depends on the type of revision, there are some like the ROSE procedure and stomaphyx that don't work but make the docs lots of money. You need to face facts and see your surgeon for some advice and maybe a referral to a psych for some counceling.

Ladytazz
on 7/28/13 5:15 am
Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any procedure available to fix a stretched stoma, which is what you apparently have. You options are pretty limited as far as revisions go. You could either have a lap band placed, which is kind of like changing seats on the Titanic, or a revision to a sleeve or DS, which requires a very skilled revision surgeon.
I'm sorry I don't have more encouraging news but if I were you I wouldn't waste my time going back to your surgeon as it doesn't seem that he has much to offer by way of a revision. If you look back on here on past threads you should find a list of qualified revision surgeons.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

pineview01
on 7/28/13 1:08 pm, edited 7/28/13 1:19 pm - Davison, MI

I have seen over and over here that the revision you had doesn't work.  I would get into see a therapist, I did before my revision.  I will be continuing too for a long time.  Than after you get and handle on your issues check and see if your insurance would cover a RNY to DS conversion.  I don't normally make recommendation like this.  Check out the DS boards and talk to Smiley Jamie or MsBatt. And talk to those with RNY to DS revision.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

cush32
on 7/29/13 1:16 am

Thanks you and I will check out the DS board.

Cush32

smileyjamie72
on 9/7/13 4:23 am - Palmer, AK

Hi there, I sure hope you have had a much better month, and have joined the gym.  The positive habits will pay off in the long run!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

ToniLee
on 7/28/13 5:44 pm

Well as that old saying goes, the first step is admitting you have a problem. I know I do :(  I totally understand where your coming from.  I just had my revision on Thursday, exact same issue and exactly where I want to be again size/weight wise.  Does your doctor have a nutritionist on staff that you can talk with? Maybe you can start there, log your food and back to the basics once again.  I haven't joined the gym again, I figured I would wait until I can do everything after the surgery.  I know when I was losing it was because I followed the plan and worked out.  I made excuses gas prices were so high and it was a 35 minutes drive to the gym each way so I quit last summer.  I did so good the first time around and was successful for years until the stress got to me.  The old habits creeped back in and so did the weight. Talk to your doctor, go to support group, find a buddy to work out with. I know its easy for me to say this now I'm still on clear liquids, I know its a battle, I know its different with a revision.  I remember watching one of those weight loss shows and one of the contestants had wls previously, they talked about how different/difficult it was for her to lose, her weight loss plan had to be different. Good luck to you, keep posting, blog, whatever you need to go thru this.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

cush32
on 7/29/13 1:13 am

Good Mrng...

Thanks for the encouraging words have a great week.

Cush32

Whit
on 9/8/13 6:27 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi,

I too hope you are doing better. Counseling is the best advise. Do not blame yourself get some help. I revised from RNY to DS. Its no joke. I did not fix my messed up head. Without support I do not know what I would do. I still struggle with food and man I would love a nice glass of wine.  I did have a glass of Champagne, with Dr's permission, on my anniversary at 6 months out. But I did not really like it. 

I wish you luck.

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active