Advise on Insurance Wait

Cindy W.
on 7/24/13 2:51 pm - Madison, CT
I had a Lap Band that eroded my stomach and was removed about 14 months ago. Waiting for insurance approval to Gastric Bypass. Anyone have eroded stomach from Lap Band and converted to RNY? Anyone have experience with length of time or approval with a defect device? Thanks in advance for your help!
~~Cindy
258 Start/ 195 current / 165 goal
5.5cc in 10cc band (as of 6-1-09)
Hislady
on 7/25/13 5:08 am - Vancouver, WA

There are many people who have the bands erode into their stomach it is not at all unusual. It can take days to months to get approved depends on the ins. co. and your surgeon. Has the paperwork been sent to the ins. yet? I believe hey have to give you an answer within 30 days, then if it is denied there is an appeal process and that can take time too. So need to know where you are in the process.

pineview01
on 7/26/13 1:13 pm - Davison, MI

What his Lady said.  I have seen as fast as days.  Some take months and longer.  Some have been told sorry no second WLS surgery.  Hopefully you will have a speedy process.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active