Dr. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, MI RNY to DS revision

humbel
on 7/23/13 6:05 am - Birmingham, MI

Hello all!

I am looking into a possible revision from RNY to DS, and I was wondering if anyone on here has had this revision done by Dr Kemmeter? I know that he does these extremely complicated revisions, but I wanted to find out more info about him before I make an expensive appt. ;-) Anyone recommend him or anyone else in Michigan for this type of revision???

Thank you for your time!

Leslie

pineview01
on 7/23/13 1:30 pm, edited 7/23/13 1:33 pm - Davison, MI

At one time he was on the DS surgeon list. I found his name on the list on DSfact and Smiley Jane had him on list too. Not sure why he isn't on it now.  We had some one using him a little while ago.  I was hoping to find her as she had asked about how many he had done and his states.  I would call and ask how many RNY to DS he has done and if it is to a TRUE DS.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4583840/dont-write-a-su rgeon-off-because-hes-not-on-the-short-list/action,replies/t opic_id,4583840/page,1/

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

humbel
on 7/24/13 12:14 am - Birmingham, MI

Thank you! I appreciate your response. I have called his office and am waiting to hear back about his stats.

bellacherie
on 7/24/13 5:22 am - Alanson, MI

Im planning one of these by him too, in the very near future, any info you get please pass on to me, thanks, oh ya , or Dr Baker, he works with him.

RnY 09/09/11
waiting for approval of DS
HW - 242     LW-137    CW - 195    
humbel
on 7/25/13 12:23 am - Birmingham, MI

Sure - I'll let you know if/when I find out anything. I am waiting for them to call me back with how many RNY to DS revisions he has performed and the results of those revisions. Hope they call back soon!

Peggy85
on 7/25/13 3:05 am - Parma, MI

Please post the response that you get. I have been a patient of Dr. Bakers since approximately 2008. I am an OLD TIMER! RNY done in 1992. Didn't fail until about three or four years ago. Now, no restriction and low satiety. I requested a revision after reading a lot of the posts here and doing tons of research and they were/are very reluctant. We are trying medication and charting, charting, charting. I am very interested in finding out what you learn.

humbel
on 7/26/13 12:22 am - Birmingham, MI

Okay - I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I think I'll call today and see if I can find out anything. I'll definitely post on here as soon as I find out any new information.

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/13 8:59 pm

Good luck!  There sure seem to be a lot of us now, right?  Wish I had known about the DS back in 2000

humbel
on 7/27/13 11:31 pm - Birmingham, MI

Thanks! Best of luck to you as well - I see that your surgery date is coming up very soon. I will love to see your results! For those of you who are waiting for the info I get on Dr. Kemmeter, I spoke with someone from his office who should be calling my back on Monday with the answers to my questions. I will post on here as soon as I find out more!

pineview01
on 7/28/13 12:52 pm - Davison, MI

Good luck!  Hope you hear from them on Monday.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active