Hi all...Having band replaced to sleeve in 2 days

KatyKay68
on 7/21/13 4:08 pm - TX

indecisionHaving my ugly, nasty Lap Band removed and replaced with Gastric Sleeve.  Getting a little nervous as to what to expect after the surgery.  The band has caused so much damage to my esophagus and my acid reflux is so extreme that I was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia in early June.  I gave my self the time needed to recover and will be having the surgery in 2 days!!!  Any comments or help with getting ready for surgery or what to expect after revision surgery would sure be helpful.

pineview01
on 7/22/13 2:00 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations!  Are you having the revision in one surgery?  Or are they waiting to let the stomach heal before doing the sleeve?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

KatyKay68
on 7/26/13 4:36 pm - TX

They did both at the same time.  I am 3 days out and hurting.  I can only hope this gets better as the days pass by.

pineview01
on 7/27/13 1:49 am - Davison, MI

People that have the surgery done in one seem to have a harder time of it.  A few fly thru but, most do not.  Wishing you a safe and healthy recovery and weight loose journey. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

tdbull
on 7/22/13 2:42 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Having my nasty band removed and RNY on August 13. Wishing you good luck and an easy post op recovery. Please keep us updated on your progress!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

MARIA F.
on 7/25/13 3:50 pm - Athens, GA

Congrats on your upcoming revision! Don't forget to let others on the lapband forum know what the band is REALLY like! And we would love to have you share your story on FB group as well. :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

MARIA F.
on 7/25/13 3:49 pm - Athens, GA

Congrats on the revision! Please share your band story with those on the failed band group! :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active