Stuck at the same weight for 2 months

mercedes66693
on 7/20/13 10:21 pm

is this normal I know revision from band to bypass they say you lose slower but I'm almost 4 months out and my weight hasn't change in 2 months I'm freaking out

anyone else have this happen anyone have any advise?

Whit
on 7/21/13 4:21 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi I revised from RNY to DS. So while I can not speak about you revision specifically I can speak about RNY. It is not uncommon to stall and 2 months is also not a unheard of length of time. Increase your water intake.  At meals eat protein first then veggies. No simple carbs. Just keep it up and weight loss should start up again.  When I was losing weight (RNY) I would loose then stall every couple of months this stared about month 3 for me until I was finished. I just kept off the scale as best I could.

DS surgery was 7 months ago. I have lost 85 pounds so I do not think that is slow. Maybe slower then Virgin DS but I am happy with it.  

Best,

Good luck and stay off the scale.

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

rj0274
on 7/24/13 2:56 am - TX
Revision on 07/03/13

I'm 4 weeks out from an RNY revision and starting to finally lose.  All I can suggest is exercise, exercise, exercise!  Simple things like walking the dog or taking the stairs instead of the elevator all add up.  Also, if you work in a sedentary job (office work), try to get up about once an hour and walk around the office or walk up the stairs in the office building (if your supervisor is OK with that).  If nothing else, get up to use the restroom.  Also, I'd suggest using a site like MyFitnessPal to track your food intake, exercise and weight.  I found that chronicling helps me make better food choices.  Good luck!

Most Active