Thinking of a Revison

nicolehobbs
on 7/22/13 6:25 am
Hi Kayla I had rny in 2003 my lowest was 160 well now I'm back in the 200's. I too have fibromyalgia and its difficult to due a great deal of things due to the constant pain we're in. But I did recently find out I have a hernia on my esophagus right above my pouch. So I'm in the process of having that removed. So you're not alone and I completely understand how you feel
ToniLee
on 7/22/13 10:23 pm

Don't be embarrassed just go to your surgeon.  There may be a problem with your RNY.  He ordered a Upper GI and series for me and found there is an issue.  It wasn't just me eating too much.  Start with your surgeon and go from there.  I can't tell you about results yet, but I know its very hard to lose even doing the right things before my revision.  It seems so slow, Ugh.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

KaylaJ
on 10/23/13 7:56 am - Cambridge, Canada

Alright hi everyone thanks for all your helpful words i have contacted the baratric registry aswell as my clinic and have asked to talk to someone about a revision. i also am going to my family doc on monday to ask him to send a refereal. i have a question for those of you who have had a revision, what did you have before the revision? was it harder 2nd time around? have you been sucessful since?

Ps.... have gained more..... wont stop :( now 267

Proud member of Cambridge crew!!!

rny2001
on 10/23/13 8:44 am - barrie, Canada

Hi Kayla,

I am very interested in this thread as I am also looking into a revision however to my understanding getting one in Canada is quite unlike the US.  I have been told a lot of 'good luck's' and such but no real answers.  I had RNY in 2000 and did well for a few years however the birth of my girls everything changed.  I am back up to 235 lbs with no end in sight. 

KaylaJ
on 10/23/13 8:47 am - Cambridge, Canada

I would love to keep in contact to support each other do you have Facebook or do u feel more comfortable on here I had rny aswell I kinda am leaning to ds what about u

pineview01
on 10/23/13 12:00 pm, edited 10/23/13 12:02 pm - Davison, MI

Sorry mixed up on what you had.  What are you having done for your restriction.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

KaylaJ
on 10/23/13 12:02 pm - Cambridge, Canada

I had rny but I'm not sure if I should sleeve or ds I'm currently doing research on them what would u recommend 

pineview01
on 10/24/13 11:26 am - Davison, MI

Going from RNY to DS is a major surgery.  You really should go hand on the DS boards and ask the vets there for the good the bad and the ugly!  Only a few surgeons are qualified to do this and most have to travel to get it.

The RNY to sleeve is less complicated and there are more surgeons that are qualified to do it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

KaylaJ
on 10/24/13 2:55 am - Cambridge, Canada
So contacted both my clinic and my surgeon just waiting for an appointment date.

Most Active