Thinking of a Revison

airbender
on 7/21/13 9:50 am

look into revising to a ds...i am to ds revsion patient....get all the info..good luck to you

Cbaker1163
on 7/21/13 10:40 pm
Revision on 07/12/13

Hi--I just joined this site, so I'm not sure what all the abbreviations are for! enlightened I had RNY back in 2001. I just had a revision done on July 12th. I will  say it seems to be a little rougher the 2nd time around. Originally I lost 250lbs---and kept it off for a long time, then in the last couple of years--it started coming back with a vengeance. (Stress, my job. My mm being sick) Anyway---I go for my follow up visit today--my drain comes out! Excited about that!  

It is like starting over---does anyone have any good protein powder drink recipes??

rj0274
on 7/22/13 5:29 am - TX
Revision on 07/03/13

Just had an RNY re-construction / revision 4 weeks ago, so I know what you mean about feeling like starting over.  This time, I feel more prepared since I know the pitfalls.  Anyway, as far as protein drinks - I've discovered vanilla almond milk; a fraction of the calories of real milk and a good source of protein - plus, it tastes good.  I mix one scoop of CVS whey protein mix (chocolate) with one half carton of a vanilla Premier Protein shake (advertised on this site from Costco).  I then add about 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk and blend.  This provides about 41 grams of protein and it tastes great.  The Premier Protein shakes taste kind of funky by themselves, but tastes very good mixed with the chocolate powder and vanilla almond milk.  Good luck!

Cbaker1163
on 7/22/13 12:03 pm
Revision on 07/12/13

Thanks I will try that! About the only on I can tolerate is the carnation sugar free inst breakfast. And that doesn't have  enough protein. 

pineview01
on 7/22/13 2:19 pm - Davison, MI

I too use and love almond milk, however it isn't a good source of protein as there is only 1 g per 8 oz, but it is a good source of calcium.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ToniLee
on 7/22/13 10:17 pm

I also mix my own concoction.  The Hood calorie countdown chocolate is amazing, very low sugar, and really high protein.  I mix one part of the Hood with 2 parts Soy Slender chocolate and then throw in my Unjury protein and 5 ice cubes. You can also add a teaspoon of Malted Milk powder (chocolate also) in there its only adding a few calories but adds a lot of flavor!  What did they reconstruct on your RNY?

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

Cbaker1163
on 7/23/13 11:25 am
Revision on 07/12/13

So how have you done with your revision? This was a big decision for me--but I hope this works. Maybe it was just SO long ago (2001) and I just don't remember--or maybe it's worse the 2nd time around. Do u feel that way?

Icomputeit
on 7/28/13 10:11 am

Hello...Just wondering why type of revision you had.  Did you have RNY the first time and then a revision?   Thoughts on how it is working?  I too am thinking of going back to the surgeon and wondering what types of revisions work when one initially had a RNY.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Acey
on 8/18/13 12:15 am - Dallas, TX

I had a gastric bypass in January of 2000. I'm not sure what all was done, roux en y I think. I started to gain weight back in 2006. I'm steady at the weight i am now but can't seem to take it off. I want to find a doctor in Dallas that will see if i can do a revision. My old doctor was Dr. Alexander , who has great reviews on this site but my experience with him was so so. 

My gastric bypass was not done laparoscopicly and I was in incredible pain for weeks and I have a huge scar. I'm wanting to know if the laprocopic procedure would be less painful with a shorter recovery time. It sounds like your second surgery was difficult as well. 

We're they both done laproscopically. What was your recovery like? Thanks for any specifics. 

monicaclopez1
on 8/28/13 4:48 am

im having a revision of my rny and the nutririonist suggests the unjury protein shakes low sugar high protein, they have chocolate, strawberry, vanilla unflavored and chicken flavor for soups with protein, on their web site they have recepies you can use the protein with jello & pudding

Most Active