Gaining weight

PRETTE84
on 7/23/13 4:47 am - ROSEDALE, NY
What kind of appetite suppressants did you use? I'm glad to meet people that are going through the samething. My highest weight was 330 and lowest was 205 lbs. Now I'm currently 267 lbs plus I took my last depo-provera shot a few weeks ago birth control that is. But I'm done with that . I'm really struggling to eat healthy : ( but I'm not gonna give up
changed4good2009
on 7/23/13 6:16 am - Waldorf, MD

My surgeon prescribed Phentermine 37.5 mg.  He only gave me a 3 month prescription to see how well I do with them.  We discussed a revision if I fail this route. You're right you're not going to give up because giving up isn't an option.  You'll bounce back just remember not wanting to be where you was before surgery.  Plus now not only do you need to do it for yourself but for your daughter as well. Like many others on here - I'm rooting for you. :)

PRETTE84
on 7/31/13 1:30 pm - ROSEDALE, NY

hey kia

Did you lose any weight  from the phentermine for 3 months? I'm currently taking the same appetite suppressant bcuz as you mention it i remembered my neurologist gave it to me and i lost some weight so he gave it to me again to help me to lose some weight. So I started today taking phentermine 30 mg for 30 days so lets see my results im trying to eat healther.

changed4good2009
on 8/1/13 4:52 am - Waldorf, MD

Hey,

So far I've lost 24 lbs. That's just from the suppressant and changing my eating habits.  I haven't started working out yet.  I'm sure once I incorporate that I'll see more of a change in myself.  I start Zumba on Friday.  So we'll see.  I'll keep you posted.

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waqQzv2/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/waqQzv2/weight.png" _fcksavedurl=" >http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/waqQzv2/weight.png">>

PRETTE84
on 8/24/13 9:06 am - ROSEDALE, NY

Hey Kia 

I'm writing my food down and attending overeaters annyomous and I lost 15 lbs and also taking the phentermine. 

PRETTE84
on 7/19/13 11:08 am - ROSEDALE, NY
I just feel so hopeless.
Linda_S
on 7/20/13 2:35 am - Eugene, OR

Malabsorption from an RNY doesn't last very long.  Don't plan on being able to eat extra calories and just flush them away.  As we're told from the very beginning - this is just a tool to help us eat less.  It's not some miracle that allows you to eat whatever you want and still stay small.  Examine the types of food you are eating.  Are you eating 'slider' foods?  These would be soft foods like smoothies, crackers, bread, gravy, mashed potatoes, etc.  These are calorie-laden foods that slide right on by your pouch and turn quickly to fat.  You need more of a solid diet - poultry, meat, vegetables - things that you have to chew up a bunch before they get into your stomach.  They are more filling and satisfying and tend to stay in your pouch for a longer time.  Journaling is essential.  Especially if you have a child and are so busy in your life -- you often forget about the things you are putting in your mouth every day.  In the long run, it's not the surgeon's responsibility to make sure you're following the program.  It's YOUR responsibility.  I know it can be difficult, but you're in good company.  So many have regain after surgery.  Get yourself back with the program.  If necessary, go to weigh****chers or some site that really teaches you about changing your lifestyle.

Best of luck to you!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active