honest answer appreciated

sfnativewm
on 7/9/13 10:49 am

I have the awesome, wonderful, amazing lap band.   It will be coming out.     I had such dreams for this surgery!@#$%^^

My question is for those *****vised to the sleeve from the band.   Are you glad you did it? 

Thanks

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

pineview01
on 7/9/13 11:23 am, edited 7/10/13 2:10 pm - Davison, MI

Hi there are two groups you might want to check out here on OH.  One is; Failed Bands and the other is; Sleeve 2 Band.  You will find a lot of us there.  Introduce yourself and read.  They both have lots of info even if they aren't busy.

My story is on both.  Band to sleeve and love the sleeve so far.  So much better and easier than the band was.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Zee Starrlite
on 7/10/13 1:12 am

Despite not reaching my weight loss goal - YES, YES, YES!  I love my tiny tummy.   The issue is I have no "issues" at all.  I am too "normal" - I don't eat a boat load but I eat enough not to lose any additional weight (I think I would need my calories lower than I feel like going - I eat about 1500 average and don't sit on a recliner all day lol).  I have no reflux or any sort of odd issues.  I do have a bottom not a bottomless pit, I don't get hungry at all yet.  So I am extremely lucky and thankful to be healthy with my stomach sleeved.  Now I only need to get off my arse to get off the rest of my excess weight kiss.

I wish you the very best,

Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Kimbaru
on 7/10/13 9:58 am - WA

I'm so glad to be rid of my band and to have the sleeve now.  I'm only 5 weeks out, but what a difference.  The sleeve is what I thought the band was going to be like- full on very little food.  At this point I also have virtually no hunger.  That's strange but very cool.

Kim

ButterflyAna
on 7/12/13 6:41 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I am so happy that I changed from the band to the sleeve. I was truly sick when I had the band, I am doing much better now. Is it perfect no but can I live with it the rest of my life --- Yes!!!

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

JennLyric
on 7/12/13 11:12 pm

I went from band to RNY.  So I'll address only the band.  SO glad it's out.  Useless piece of cr*p (for me...I know that others have done well, but not me).  I did it all in one surgery a year ago and I'm glad I did.  It's a very different life than with the band, but I got used to it.

Be well and congratulations.

Jennifer

Most Active