Revision and weight loss progress

sherreka
on 8/27/13 1:05 am

I am not sure but I had gastric bypass in 2002.  I had a revision in July of this year and the weight is CREEPING VERY SLOWLY OFF.  It is definitely not going as fast as my first surgery.  I am working out, not eating carbs, and getting my protein in and it is still going at a snails pace.  I am inclined to believe it is hormonal and other internal issues that are preventing this weight from moving.  At my follow up I will be discussing this with my doctor.  I am journaling everything I put in my mouth so something has to give.  It is weird but there has to be something else to attribute this too.  Obviously some people go back to their old habits but in my case I haven't and the weight is still not falling off like it should.  Now my friend did mention that when i had the surgery I was a young 20 something and now I am in my mid 30's which could mean something.  Well good luck in your quest to find answers.

Member Services
on 8/27/13 5:14 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Bublegirl1

We did a search for you and  here is a link to other posts discussing what you are asking. We hope this helps.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=weight +comes+off+slower+with+revision&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae -vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3A9

MSSEXXC74
on 8/27/13 6:57 am

My surgeon told me it is because your body has already adapted to eating smaller portions and a lot of the diet restrictions. 

Most Active