Revise from vsg.

Whit
on 7/8/13 12:57 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hi Amie,

First let me say I am sorry you are going through this. I revised fro RNY to DS. Read my profile for my own experience. I am not going to try and convince you to revise to DS. I just want to say RNY did not work for me long term. It does for some but not for about 35% (I think its more).

Sometimes those of us who have had revision surgery or want it can be a bit blunt. But we are passionate about communicating that you have options. I too get frustrated with some and want to scream "you have half the DS already blah blah blah". I have to take a step back, take a breath, and realize it's not my choice but theirs (and yours). I do know I was almost convinced by a Dr. to revise to something that rarely works or has any lasting success just because he said it would not be covered. Thank God I did not settle and did what was best for me.

Oh and I had an endoscopy done by a local Dr. who sent it to my Surgeon who was in network but 5 hours away. Maybe this is an option for you?

Good luck to you. Think twice cut once!

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

sable07
on 7/9/13 10:06 am
Revision on 06/17/13

I guess I was "dumb".  LOL!  Feel free to friend me so that you can read about my journey.  Good luck taking the time to research and make an informed decision on your own! angry

2006 Highest Weight - 302 / 1/2007 Original Surgery - Lapband / 2007 lowest LB weight 268 / 8/2012 Highest Weight - 307 / 6/2013 Revision Surgery - RNY / RNY Surgery Weight 255 / Current Weight = 240.8

TamaraL
on 7/13/13 3:33 am

Amy,

Make sure you are making the right choice for you. Just make sure you do the research.  i had the lap band and revised to the RNY.  I chose the RNY because with the sleeve the percentage of people with heart burn was high.  My surgeon did not even consider the sleeve because of the heart burn.Keep in mind that the acid will cause your stomach to have pain.  I still have some heart burn with the RNY.  I am taking a break from my protonix and there are days I still have heart burn. 

I would really, really be concerned about your surgeon and hospital being out of network.  Please, please call your insurance company and find out if you have surgery with a out of network provider how much the cost will be.  I would hate for you to have the surgery and then be sent a bill for $10,000. 

When i revised I was only in hospital for 1 day and was fine because i new all the dietary requirments

Tamara

Most Active