Possible VSG to DS from NYC with Healthplus AMERIGROUP insurance

HKFandora
on 7/4/13 5:29 pm
First off I want to say I didn't notice this section of obesity help. Glad I found it since I'm in the deciding stage. I had my VSG almost a year ago. My weight loss was slow and I have between fifty to ninety pounds to go, I lost almost sixth pounds. Was going to go with the DS originally but was not too comfortable with the vitamin regimen. RNY was a brief thought but due to the no NSAIDS that bothered me a bit.

So now here I am. I am still eating small portions and recently I have been trying to revamp my weight loss. I'm going to call my insurance and see what's the policy on revision. I will give myself at least six months to a year to see how far this sleeve will take me before deciding on revision but if it is like the six months I had to do for the sleeve than I need to get on it soon.

So, are there any NYC residents with either my insurance or similar insurance can tell me their journey to revision? Even if you don't have the same surgery I would love to hear from you the pluses and minuses of your revision.

I have not and will not give up on the battle. I'm very thankful for the amount that has fallen off, so no regrets there. Just thought I'd get more information to help me make my decision.
pineview01
on 7/5/13 12:14 pm - Davison, MI

Just keep in mind that if they say you can't have a second surgery the DS "is just the 2nd half of the DS."  You just had the first part and now need the second.  Good luck and I hope you find someone to help you get the info you need.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

HKFandora
on 7/5/13 12:19 pm

Thanks. Called my insurance and googled a needed cpt code. Said it was covered. Called one doctor, and he doesnt except my insurance. Emailed another doctor and told me he believes they take my insurance but to call on Tuesday.

pineview01
on 7/6/13 9:59 am - Davison, MI

Very Good!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

heathercross
on 7/13/13 7:13 am - New York, NY

Call Lenox Hill - Dr. Mitchell Roslin.  Best surgeon in the country and does DS and does RNY revision. He takes almost all insurance.   http://www.nycbariatrics.com

HKFandora
on 7/13/13 7:30 am
I contacted another one on the list of ds doctors here that does revision and he accepts my insurance. Roslin doesn't. Thank you though.
Most Active